Just put a deposit down, what is upgraded?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnr1089

Reaction score
I have been searching for a Lightening Blue Raptor with everything but the decals in my area with not much luck.

Luckily I will be visiting family out of state and a close by dealer to were I will be has this one

https://www.montrosefordakron.com/n...b0a0e0ae94b8a36a5a70b1823.htm?searchDepth=5:6

I have a deposit down and I am paying over the sticker (but not their asking price), but the sticker doesn't include their upgrades.

Can someone explain to me exactly what the upgrades will do for me?

I see the 312 Method Race Wheels (I wanted the black bead lock wheels, but had trouble finding that without the decals, this will do). Am I going to regret these wheels or is it just looks (I can't tell if the tire is different or just the wheel).

Roush High-Flow Intake System, from what I can tell will add some horsepower, right?

The 360 Performance Rigid lighting is similar to what I was going to install.

Is the "Cross High-Flow Exhaust X-Pipe" what comes with the raptor standard? I see a lot about the delete of it, but it is specifically listed in this listing and not others that I see.

Thanks in advance!

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just order one from a dealer that still has an allocation available for this year? Get what you want at or below MSRP. I would make them give you the stock wheels and tires if they're charging you full price for the upgraded wheels/tires. You can at least sell them. I'm a noob when it comes to mods. That intake isn't going to do much unless the truck has a tune. Did you check cars.com? What state are you in? I'm in California and I'm getting mine from Missouri.

OP
OP
C

cnr1089

Reaction score
I am pretty set on picking this truck up, unless there are red flags. I just want to make sure the extras they have aren't junk stuff I don't want on. They may not total up to the difference I paid, but only feel ok paying over MSRP (of the sticker, not the total) if it has some added items, which this one does.

Also, I am going to be close to this dealer (that is how we found it) next week anyways, so saves me hassle if I order from some other random state.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd consider the intake a red flag. I'm not going to start another anti- cold air debate here. It is well proven those things only suck in dirt ( really bad on a forced induction motor) and don't add much usable power. I'd demand the dealership remove it and not pay for the "upgrade."

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they are asking $6K over sticker for the wheels, fog lights, CIA, and X-pipe correct?

They are probably marking up well over 100% for the modifications. I think the wheels will be ~$250 per so that accounts for $1K of cost. I'm not familiar with those Rigid lights, what is the street price on them? I think the CAI is only ~$499

No idea on the X pipe, that isn't very descriptive. Crawl under there and see if anything was done. I seriously doubt they messed with the exhaust.

IF these are modifications you REALLY like, I would add up what the street cost is and make them an offer. Since I don't know much about the Rigid, my best guess is all in you have somewhere around $2500 of cost in the modifications. Maybe a bit more if these are high end Rigid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cnr1089

Reaction score
I have it reserved for $73k even. The exact config I was looking for is 71,325 MSRP. This truck was that config, except it didn't have the black deadlock tires. The modified tires make up for that. So I am paying $1600 over MSRP of what I was looking for. Lets say the lights are $400-$500 plus less the hassle of install for me. The air cooler is $300 plus install. I think the "RPG Off-Road Leveling System" is just the coil spring collars, so they are a couple of hundred each, plus install. I am not that far off and I don't have to get the truck from far away (although I am not buying it where I am from, just where I am visiting (to see family)).

I am mostly trying to figure out if these "additions" are going to be a bad thing, rather then a value add. I'll find out Monday morning when I go to pick it up and get to see it in person and drive it, but I want to go in informed.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it reserved for $73k even. The exact config I was looking for is 71,325 MSRP. This truck was that config, except it didn't have the black deadlock tires. The modified tires make up for that. So I am paying $1600 over MSRP of what I was looking for. Lets say the lights are $400-$500 plus less the hassle of install for me. The air cooler is $300 plus install. I think the "RPG Off-Road Leveling System" is just the coil spring collars, so they are a couple of hundred each, plus install. I am not that far off and I don't have to get the truck from far away (although I am not buying it where I am from, just where I am visiting (to see family)).

I am mostly trying to figure out if these "additions" are going to be a bad thing, rather then a value add. I'll find out Monday morning when I go to pick it up and get to see it in person and drive it, but I want to go in informed.

You are paying a bit more than $1600 over MSRP, this truck has a MSRP of $69,500 so you are paying $3500 over. I would say at that price with the RPG, Rigid, Wheels, CAI, and Corsa X Pipe they are making a tidy profit on the truck overall. Would really look over the light installation wiring and ensure it was done professionally and isn't a rats nest of butt splices and electrical tape. They are being fair with the modifications though price wise.

I would say you are paying full sticker for the truck, and full retail for the modifications but they aren't ****** you on the modifications. Would also require that they give you the factory air intake box and resonated x pipe so you can swap back to factory if desired.