Just purchased my dream truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just bought a 2019 Raptor SCAB in Oxford White. I've been eyeing these trucks since they came out and just couldn't swing it, so I saved and saved and now I finally have my dream truck. I came from a Toyota Tacoma, which was a great little truck, but it sure doesn't compare with the Raptor.

I ended up getting it for invoice + dealer handling which seems like a good deal. It's got the 802a package, moon roof, carbon fiber, technology package, rear heated seats, beadlock wheels, and the hood graphics. Only thing it didn't come with that I would've taken was the tail gate step, but not even sure how often I'd use that.

This thing is so nice, I'm super stoked and can't wait to dive more into the community and get to know everyone here. Only problem is I wish I would've measured the parking garage at my office, it's clearance is only 6'6"... doesn't look like it'll fit. Oh well, don't regret a thing :)

Cheers!
J

Image from iOS.jpg

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! As an FYI, you have a Screw, not a Scab. :cheers:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
[QUOTE="two24studios, post: 1402558, member: 37226”]...I saved and saved and now I finally have my dream truck. I came from a Toyota Tacoma...

I ended up getting it for invoice + dealer handling which seems like a good deal. It's got the 802a package, moon roof, carbon fiber, technology package, rear heated seats, beadlock wheels, and the hood graphics. Only thing it didn't come with that I would've taken was the tail gate step, but not even sure how often I'd use that.

... Only problem is I wish I would've measured the parking garage at my office, it's clearance is only 6'6"... doesn't look like it'll fit. Oh well, don't regret a thing :)

View attachment 130522[/QUOTE]

Welcome to FRF.

Good price, You’ll be happy to know that the sales person can now take that round the world cruise on the commission from an 802A Rap :) I think mine said she went to Tahiti.

IMO the tailgate step is the most worth it option on the truck, and my knees agree.

for the garage:

bring a tape measure
air down
4 low
punch it.

I’ve got a bunch of garages I have to navigate rarely and just accept if it’s not obvious I have to bring a tape measure, maybe have to actually measure and go posing in the starbucks parking lot speed.

Rddakota

Reaction score
I just picked up the same color Raptor last week, excluding the black strips on the hood. Traded in 2017 Platinum. Mine was $2500 off MSRP which surprised the Sh*t out of me since here in CO I couldn't find any dealer offering less than MSRP!

OP
OP
two24studios

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the same color Raptor last week, excluding the black strips on the hood. Traded in 2017 Platinum. Mine was $2500 off MSRP which surprised the Sh*t out of me since here in CO I couldn't find any dealer offering less than MSRP!

Nice congrats! I’m in CO too, what part of the state? I’m in Parker area. Sounds like you did well too. First dealer I went to wanted sticker for theirs, and low balled me on my trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
two24studios

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the tailgate step is the most worth it option on the truck, and my knees agree.

It’s pretty slick, definitely one of those moments where I wanted the truck and didn’t want to wait.

Appreciate the garage tips too. Thankfully my company found me a spot in a higher clearance garage. My coworkers def gave me grief about it though... haha “who buys a truck and then can’t drive it to work bc it’s too big”. Me that’s who and I don’t care :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk