Just ordered 2013 with Forged Wheels, longer hold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWATraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!!!!

I live in Los Angeles, CA and I just ordered my dream raptor! I went for a black on black, with the Equipment Group Mix, Moonroof, Bed Extender, and 17 inch Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock capable Wheels.

My salesman told me there is an additional hold on the wheels when she placed my order but could not give me anymore information. Does anyone know anything about this? I assumed since the wheels aren't available yet there will be a hold on them, but let me know because I want to receive my truck in November!

Thanks and I m excited to chat about my future upgrades

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning........

you are not going to get your truck for a very long time.
i ordered mine yesterday and i got a 5-6 month wait. without the beadlock rims

OP
OP
S

SWATraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope thats not the case... is that the only information you are basing it on?

My same dealer has a very high allocation of fords. They ordered two 2013's already and they are scheduled to be delivered November to their dealer...

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
being in san jose with a population of over 1.3 mil in a short distance, the delership i went to goes through a bucket load of fords. i am #5 on the special order list. they get one about once a month from allocation. being that there is no info yet as to when the rims will be released, i highly doubt you will get your truck before january. you figure its 6-8 weeks to build it and 20-30 days to get it delivered to the dealership. that right there puts you in october. and that would be IF they built it right now. since orders are being pulled at a much slower rate than the standard 150s you probably have a best case scenario of 2 months before being started to build. plus if the rims take longer to release they wont build your truck until then

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Recommend you cancel the beadlock wheels and hopefully the truck will come in earlier. There are plenty of aftermarket wheels to chose from at a much cheaper price.

OP
OP
S

SWATraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels are only 1165 more... I was going to wait a week and see what happens? But sounds like nothing will happen huh? I just love these wheels so much better than the stock ones, and dont want to get screwed..... still pull the wheels?

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pull them. buy them afterwards and post the originals for sale. you will lose some money but compared to the price of the truck, its not that much.
also ask yourself this...... do you want to order the truck now and be on the waiting list, or do you want to wait until the rims are available and then be put on the list?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was going through the same thing earlier when i was trying to decide. since most of my time will be in pismo i wanted the beadlocks so i could air down, but i will just buy them later