Just Installed Borla Atak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Here is the video inside the cabin https://youtu.be/IoT1yBGbOqs

To each their own...

Thanks for posting the video/audio. I don’t personally like how it sounds, but that’s just my opinion.

If you like it, that’s all that matters for you.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

It's not subjective, though. It's scientific fact.

And I've never bashed the new truck. Not once. I've just made factual statements regarding its exhaust note.

:baby:

I must see these studies, because I know for a fact that Jimmy R.’s ’69 fastback Mustang, bored / stroked 351w with open headers was the best sounding car of all time. I want to know who came in 2nd.

links?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I must see these studies, because I know for a fact that Jimmy R.’s ’69 fastback Mustang, bored / stroked 351w with open headers was the best sounding car of all time. I want to know who came in 2nd.

links?

I really find it hard to believe that so many people on here lack basic automotive knowledge.

This Is Why Various Engine Types Sound So Different – Feature – Car and Driver

:specialed:

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

...and you are just babbling...

Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between an F1 car and a road car and who thinks all supercars have V6s? Yeah you're just full of facts, aren't you?

:win:

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I really find it hard to believe that so many people on here lack basic automotive knowledge.

This Is Why Various Engine Types Sound So Different – Feature – Car and Driver

:specialed:

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between an F1 car and a road car and who thinks all supercars have V6s? Yeah you're just full of facts, aren't you?

:win:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people on the internet lack basic reading comprehension skills, and mistake subjective opinion and internet conjecture for facts.

Car and driver article is a nice dissertation on the difference in sound as it related to the cylinder count, it tells nothing of the 2nd or subsequent best sounding cars - or trucks, and the author clearly expresses disdain for motley crue, certainly calling their bonafides into question when it comes to sound quality.:biggrin:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how many people on the internet lack basic reading comprehension skills, and mistake subjective opinion and internet conjecture for facts.

Car and driver article is a nice dissertation on the difference in sound as it related to the cylinder count, it tells nothing of the 2nd or subsequent best sounding cars - or trucks, and the author clearly expresses disdain for motley crue, certainly calling their bonafides into question when it comes to sound quality.:biggrin:

Sigh. Oh yee of little IQ. I love it when an ignorant guy feigns ignorance for the sake of making a false point.

The sound of the V6 lacks discernible orders. That means it's basically white noise. Now, if you think white noise sounds better than a V8, which is world renowned for its sound, not only are you on your own, you're certifiably insane. Or deaf. Or both.

Hey, when's the last time you heard of anybody going to see white noise played live? Just checking.

On the other hand, do millions of people pay money to go hear live music played every year? I think so. Yep. They definitely do. Even to ****** bands like Motley Crew. :flipthebird:

Bottom line guys, the only way to truly fix the note of V6 exhaust is with fake bass pumped through the speakers. That's why when the promo videos of these exhaust systems came out they mainly showed cold starts. When they actually showed the trucks driving they either talked or played music over them or ran the video from inside the cab where... you got it... you know it's coming... THE FAKE NOISE IS PIPED IN!

Those of us who aren't idiots knew what they were doing. Yep. Wait for it. Marketing hype. AKA Ecoboost 101.

Please do yourself a favor and read this post 6 or 7 times before you respond (to give yourself plenty of time to comprehend).

And fellas, I'm happy to stay out of these threads, just don't say dumb shit or spread fake news.

:lol2:

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Sigh. Oh yee of little IQ. I love it when an ignorant guy feigns ignorance for the sake of making a false point.

The sound of the V6 lacks discernible orders. That means it's basically white noise. Now, if you think white noise sounds better than a V8, which is world renowned for its sound, not only are you on your own, you're certifiably insane. Or deaf. Or both.

Hey, when's the last time you heard of anybody going to see white noise played live? Just checking.

On the other hand, do millions of people pay money to go hear live music played every year? I think so. Yep. They definitely do. Even to ****** bands like Motley Crew. :flipthebird:

Bottom line guys, the only way to truly fix the note of V6 exhaust is with fake bass pumped through the speakers. That's why when the promo videos of these exhaust systems came out they mainly showed cold starts. When they actually showed the trucks driving they either talked or played music over them or ran the video from inside the cab where... you got it... you know it's coming... THE FAKE NOISE IS PIPED IN!

Those of us who aren't idiots knew what they were doing. Yep. Wait for it. Marketing hype. AKA Ecoboost 101.

Please do yourself a favor and read this post 6 or 7 times before you respond (to give yourself plenty of time to comprehend).

And fellas, I'm happy to stay out of these threads, just don't say dumb shit or spread fake news.

:lol2:

Sasquatch77 / Truckzor, nobody called you an idiot, how about doing the same courtesy to the rest of us?

why get all defensive and start name calling? Is this elementary school?

Incidentally, it’s ‘ye’, not ‘yee’. it’s tough to look cool in front of all your internet heroes when you drop an insult on someone’s iq complete with such a rookie mistake.

I think we heard you the first 8 or 9 times on the sound of the v6. Hell, I don’t disagree, as you would see a mere 3 posts prior if you took time to read before trying to flame.

You’re happy to stay out of these threads... that’s irony right there.

OP
OP
Sungod661

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol smurf there is no point they do this on every thread they hinack a thread with stupid comments. I am quite happy with the sound and i have owned a 6.2 v8. I enjoy a nice note and the Borla more Then does that for me. Now everyone is entitled to an opinion but the problem is both of these guys repeat their opinion over and over.

https://youtu.be/Hv_xD9EBwyU

Thanks

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sasquatch77 / Truckzor, nobody called you an idiot, how about doing the same courtesy to the rest of us?

why get all defensive and start name calling? Is this elementary school?

Incidentally, it’s ‘ye’, not ‘yee’. it’s tough to look cool in front of all your internet heroes when you drop an insult on someone’s iq complete with such a rookie mistake.

I think we heard you the first 8 or 9 times on the sound of the v6. Hell, I don’t disagree, as you would see a mere 3 posts prior if you took time to read before trying to flame.

You’re happy to stay out of these threads... that’s irony right there.

Looks like you got me on the yee thing. In my defense I don't think I've ever used the word in my life prior to today. And autocorrect didn't catch because apparently both are "real" words.

Fair enough on the rest of your post.

Lol smurf there is no point they do this on every thread they hinack a thread with stupid comments. I am quite happy with the sound and i have owned a 6.2 v8. I enjoy a nice note and the Borla more Then does that for me. Now everyone is entitled to an opinion but the problem is both of these guys repeat their opinion over and over.

https://youtu.be/Hv_xD9EBwyU

Thanks

I wouldn't feel the need to post the same facts over and over if people like you would simply accept the reality that you can't change the tone of a V6 (without fake noise pumped in through the speakers, as many manufacturers do with their V6 "performance" models).

Your exhaust system (which sounds loose, like it's actually rattling or a few heat shields are loose?) attempts to mask that tone with incredible amounts of rasp (vibration). But the underlying V6 tone is unmistakable. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

OP
OP
Sungod661

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude give it up, you have now said the same thing 5 times. I already removed any fake noise with forscan. It borders in retardation what you are saying. I have owned a 6.2 l v8 the sound was great and i thibk my new raptor v6 with the Borla Atak is pretty good. Now we can go back and forth but like i said i have owned both so my perspective comes from Ownership. The Borla solves the ****** stock muffler sound ....

Also yes "people like me" can have an opinion that is not in agreement with your opinion

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude give it up, you have now said the same thing 5 times. I already removed any fake noise with forscan. It borders in retardation what you are saying. I have owned a 6.2 l v8 the sound was great and i thibk my new raptor v6 with the Borla Atak is pretty good. Now we can go back and forth but like i said i have owned both so my perspective comes from Ownership. The Borla solves the ****** stock muffler sound ....

Also yes "people like me" can have an opinion that is not in agreement with your opinion

What borders on retardation is thinking the tone of a V6 can be changed by technology that currently exists here on earth.

Your truck sounds like a honda accord with a rusted out exhaust system. Precisely because the tone of a V6 can't be changed with the technology that exists here on earth. Except, of course, for the fake noise Ford pumps into the speakers of the Jen 2.

Since you've already disabled yours then you know your truck sounds like a honda accord with a rusted out exhaust system.

Stop trolling.