Just heard from my dealership in Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
exactly my thought. pulled up flood as well. will be using their extended warranty, unless my dealer will match. You should also make sure the deposit is refundable.

I might just counter the extended warranty offer and say you'll go $1500 over MSRP or something like that.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The extended warranty sounds ridiculously high as others have mentioned. They are getting their ADM from you with that. Good luck though.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
You also have a considerable amount of time/miles after purchase to add an extended warranty... it does not have to be done at time of purchase.

Gives you time to drive the thing, make sure you want to keep it around for awhile before plunking down a few extra $k.

The warranty is transferrable, but no one is going to pay you extra for it on resale.

And technically you can ask for a refund of the unused portion if you sell, but goooood luck going that route.

This is why dealers push extended warranties on new vehicles.. because the vast majority of vehicles are not owned long enough to use them. It's free money for them.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You also have a considerable amount of time/miles after purchase to add an extended warranty... it does not have to be done at time of purchase.

Gives you time to drive the thing, make sure you want to keep it around for awhile before plunking down a few extra $k.

The warranty is transferrable, but no one is going to pay you extra for it on resale.

And technically you can ask for a refund of the unused portion if you sell, but goooood luck going that route.

This is why dealers push extended warranties on new vehicles.. because the vast majority of vehicles are not owned long enough to use them. It's free money for them.
bingo, get it before you hit your 1st year purchase anniversary. plus I will use the first year to see actually how many miles I put on it based on my new virtual work setup plus offroad trips/vacations. that will determine the warranty I get.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No ADM if I finance with them and buy $4600 5 years / 100,000 mile extended warranty.

maybe a good deal??? I have to decide today
That price is RIDICULOUS! I think I didn't get great terms and spent $2995 on an 8 year 100,000 mile warranty at the time of purchase. They are quoting a price that is 50% higher with three fewer years...

Railroader

Reaction score
Warranties sold thru dealerships include stupid mark-ups. I have heard a rumor that shortly there may be a much better option which may include a pay by month options...... at a significant lower cost and as good or better coverage. I am attempting to get additional info from source and will update forum when successful!