Just got officially F'ed by Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in norther ca. and all of our ford dealers have no info on the 2013. they told me that the 2012 will be in production until mid august. at which point they will release the 2013 info. but yet i come here and find people who have already ordered a 2013. strange how that happens. However the dealers here all told me that there wasnt going to be a huge price difference, so I think that dealer is trying to get you to spend more money

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw almost exactly this truck on a dealer lot in Hazard, KY. Silver scab, no luxury, I think Raptor plus. Did not have graphics. Sticker was about 47-48k.

The dealer is Tim Short, formerly Mountain Ford.

I have no idea how they are to work with. Never spoken with anybody there myself (yet...)

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw almost exactly this truck on a dealer lot in Hazard, KY. Silver scab, no luxury, I think Raptor plus. Did not have graphics. Sticker was about 47-48k.

The dealer is Tim Short, formerly Mountain Ford.

I have no idea how they are to work with. Never spoken with anybody there myself (yet...)

Not showing in their Inventory anymore??

Tim Short Ford
Searching Dealers ( 1 - 1 ) Filter Dealer's Inventory X1R

No vehicles were found which matched your search criteria.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was sitting on their lot Sunday morning. I'll be back in Hazard on Thursday; I'll see if it's still there then.

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad for calling that dealer a liar then...
I forever thought once a dealer places an order for a customer that puts a deposit down becomes a done deal.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All this talk of "Did my dealer really place my order?" has me concerned... @Randy, is there anyway you can check for me?
Thanks
Josh

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had checked up on speedys order and it was placed but his dealer had many on order at the same time making it very iffy it would be built.even a allocated dealer gets one at a time in most cases.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this talk of "Did my dealer really place my order?" has me concerned... @Randy, is there anyway you can check for me?
Thanks
Josh

Sorry not me. I'm just a dealer, Rep. (can only see my orders)

But I think BLOOD can, FRF member.
he's connected with the Dearborn Plant somehow (I think)

===============

He posted while I was typing, Thanks Brother

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry not me. I'm just a dealer, Rep. (can only see my orders)

But I think BLOOD can, FRF member.
he's connected with the Dearborn Plant somehow (I think)

===============

He posted while I was typing, Thanks Brother

Hmmm,
Blood can you help me out? And should I post up the info I have RE the order or PM you?

Thanks,
Josh

OP
OP
S

SpeedyV10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the helpful feedback. Yesterday when I posted this, not only did I feel screwed, but also taken advantage of by both Ford as well as the dealership. The dealer has had my Money for 5 weeks, and Ford has had my the order for 5 weeks. Who turns down $40,000+ worth of business? Seriously? :ROFLJest:

Yesterday, the dealer searched quite a bit for a Silver '12 Scab for me. I believe that they found the same one as Randy found, but they have not heard back from that dealer regarding a trade.

They seem to be working hard to put together a favorable order on a '13, and have also offered me a full refund on my down payment if I choose to go that route.

Based on the circumstances, I am leaning on going with the '13 with the lux/nav package if they play ball with me on pricing. Based on everything that has happened, what do y'all think I should pay for a:

Ingot silver Scab
Lux/Nav package
Moonroof
Tailgate stap
spray in liner
hood graphic

They quoted me $47600.00 - I told them that they were going to have to do quite a bit better than that.

Thanks again, everybody. I appreciate the help and support!
Matt

Last edited: