Just got officially F'ed by Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say try to negotiate price on the 13 and some goodies due to their mistake, if they dont work with you, then go to another dealership, you dont have to deal with that one when there are alot more who im sure will be willing to work with your or even have a couple 12's in stock!

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the dealer is lying to you that they placed the order on June 8th. 2012. Raptors order banks stopped on either 6/22 or 6/26 which the dealer would have had plenty of time to get your order into Ford. Blood is right, the dealer screwed you...
I would go find another dealer and do what everyone else is saying...locate your own. Alot of dealers still have raptors on lots and some, not all, are willing to negotiate. However I do not know how many raptors are on lots with just the plus package as the luxury package has been the favorite among raptor consumers. You might can find a stripped down raptor with only the luxury package, moonroof and tailgate step with MSRP of $51,315, which you might can get for $47,500 to $48,000. I wouldn't consider a Raptor stripped down!
I would probably go with a 2013.

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say click on the Randy link on the right side of the page and tell him what you want. If it is out there, he will find it. BTW, I have what you want sitting in my driveway...LOL...Randy...he cannot have it.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Basically the same happened to me on my 2011. Dealer said he ordered. After 3 month wait could not get it. Found out later no allocation. Called ford customer care. Got to the right person after insisting some satisfaction. She steered me to the sales manager for the southeast us. Told her I wanted the truck and was not willing to buy from my dealer. She had it built and sent to bozard ford in st. Augustine. They were great and I got what I wanted. At my price. Bottom line is you have to really be aggressive with ford. Worked for me. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well- I ordered my 2012 Scab on June 7. Dealer placed the order on June 8.
Ingot silver with Moonroof, Raptor Plus package, hood graphics, tailgate step, spray in liner.
Got a call yesterday from the dealer that Ford would no longer be scheduling ordered trucks for the '12 model year. Dealer called and basically told me that I can order a stripped '13 for about the same money (no moonroof and no tailgate step), or drop another $4000 to upgrade to the Lux/Nav package.

They are looking for a similar '12 that they could dealer trade for but things are not looking favorable at this point.

Blood and I have been PMing and he has been more than helpful-he's been awesome. Based on the circumstances I thought this needed to be brought to public forum.

Anybody have any ideas? Can anybody persuade me that all this hassle is really worth it to get my hands on a Raptor?

Uuuuuggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Oh- And the dealer is sitting on a fairly HUGE down payment.......

There are basiclly No 2012 Silver Super cabs in dealers stock.
And even fewer with NO Lux Pkg a moonroof. This ia a build, not many dealers would use a Raptor allocation on, for stock??

The closest one I found is this build below. I can give you this dealers name, if you want to call them??

2012 F150 RAPTOR S/C
6.2L 2V EFI V8 ENGINE
ELECTRONIC 6-SPD AUTO

Exterior
INGOT SILVER METALLIC
Interior
BLACK INTERIORRAPTOR BLUE ACCENT SEAT

Price Information BASE PRICE $42,975

6.2L 2V EFI V8 ENGINE
ELECTRONIC 6-SPD AUTO
.LT315/70R17 BSW ALL-TERRAIN

Optional Equipment
2012 MODEL YEAR
INGOT SILVER METALLIC
BLACK INT W/BLUE ACCENTSEAT
PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.517A
.XLT SERIES
.SVT RAPTOR
.17" MACH ALUM W/PAINT/MACHINE
.AM/FM STEREO/CLOCK/SINGLE CD
.4.10 ELECTRONIC LOCK RR AXLE
SELECT SHIFT TRANSMISSION
26 GALLON FUEL TANK
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
7000# GVWR PACKAGE
50 STATE EMISSIONS
HOOD GRAPHICS PACKAGE 900
RAPTOR PLUS PACKAGE 595

.TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER
.REAR VIEW CAMERA
RAPTOR BLUE ACCENT SEAT 750

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 45,220
DESTINATION & DELIVERY 995

Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are basiclly No 2012 Silver Super cabs in dealers stock.
And even fewer with NO Lux Pkg a moonroof. This ia a build, not many dealers would use a Raptor allocation on, for stock??

The closest one I found is this build below. I can give you this dealers name, if you want to call them??

2012 F150 RAPTOR S/C
6.2L 2V EFI V8 ENGINE
ELECTRONIC 6-SPD AUTO

Exterior
INGOT SILVER METALLIC
Interior
BLACK INTERIORRAPTOR BLUE ACCENT SEAT

Price Information BASE PRICE $42,975

6.2L 2V EFI V8 ENGINE
ELECTRONIC 6-SPD AUTO
.LT315/70R17 BSW ALL-TERRAIN

Optional Equipment
2012 MODEL YEAR
INGOT SILVER METALLIC
BLACK INT W/BLUE ACCENTSEAT
PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.517A
.XLT SERIES
.SVT RAPTOR
.17" MACH ALUM W/PAINT/MACHINE
.AM/FM STEREO/CLOCK/SINGLE CD
.4.10 ELECTRONIC LOCK RR AXLE
SELECT SHIFT TRANSMISSION
26 GALLON FUEL TANK
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
7000# GVWR PACKAGE
50 STATE EMISSIONS
HOOD GRAPHICS PACKAGE 900
RAPTOR PLUS PACKAGE 595

.TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER
.REAR VIEW CAMERA
RAPTOR BLUE ACCENT SEAT 750

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 45,220
DESTINATION & DELIVERY 995

Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".

There you go. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well- I ordered my 2012 Scab on June 7. Dealer placed the order on June 8.
Ingot silver with Moonroof, Raptor Plus package, hood graphics, tailgate step, spray in liner.
Got a call yesterday from the dealer that Ford would no longer be scheduling ordered trucks for the '12 model year.

QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, But I didn't do it to screw over my customers???
I have a couple of 2012 Raptor orders, that have been in the order bank for more than 4 months. I took real orders with real allocation, and I have been getting Raptors pulled & built VERY SLOWlY. Ford stopped doing Retail Sweeps, half way through the 2012 build cycle. They used to go in and pull & Sch several "O/T 1 "SOLD" units. to get caught up and clear up older orders. I turned down more than 40 Guys, starting half way through the 2012 model year, that wanted to place 2012 Raptor orders. I did this as SOON as I found out Ford, stopped doing retail sweeps.

I have tried dealer trading, and anything I could think of, to get my customers taken care of. I have given my customers to other dealers, that were willing to honor my deal & pricing.