Just got officially F'ed by Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpeedyV10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well- I ordered my 2012 Scab on June 7. Dealer placed the order on June 8.
Ingot silver with Moonroof, Raptor Plus package, hood graphics, tailgate step, spray in liner.
Got a call yesterday from the dealer that Ford would no longer be scheduling ordered trucks for the '12 model year. Dealer called and basically told me that I can order a stripped '13 for about the same money (no moonroof and no tailgate step), or drop another $4000 to upgrade to the Lux/Nav package.

They are looking for a similar '12 that they could dealer trade for but things are not looking favorable at this point.

Blood and I have been PMing and he has been more than helpful-he's been awesome. Based on the circumstances I thought this needed to be brought to public forum.

Anybody have any ideas? Can anybody persuade me that all this hassle is really worth it to get my hands on a Raptor?

Uuuuuggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Oh- And the dealer is sitting on a fairly HUGE down payment.......

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealer can't keep your down payment, especially when they falsely told you they could order a 12. Although the Raptor is worth the hassle

RcIgo

Reaction score
At the price range you are already in its a small percentage increase. Try to negotiate with them. They never want to lose a sell or give back money!! The nav is now included in the lux pkg making the price jump a couple thousand but again for what you were ready to spend a couple thousand more is minor. Plus your resale will be better with a 13 than a 12.

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest to them, they should split the price difference with you as you already made the deposit and they told you they would order a 12.
And yes, it is worth the hassle (IMO).

Good luck to you.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blessing in disguise. If you didn't get the lux/nav package you'd be kicking yourself later. Go for the 2013 and as suggested above use this situation as leverage in your negotiations.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say your dealer fuxed you not ford. they had many on order and had a good idea this is what would happen.I know the wait suxs,I went threw it myself and yes it's so worth it.if I were you, I would do a raptor search threw fords website.i know there are a few on lots in my area and with the new ones coming they may deal.your dealer is less apt to find a dealer to trade with when looking for a raptor(not a even trade) and you will end up with a better deal. Good luck. If not I'll help all I can to track your 13.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After the dealer splits the cost with you, you ask them to add in a bed cover and some other goodies for all the inconvenience. You're going to have a long wait now...

Well worth it IMHO

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cancel your order with that dealer. You do not need to do business with a crooked outfit, or establish a relationship with them. Look elsewhere.

I had a somewhat similar experiences when I was shopping for my 2011. Several dealers had heard of a Raptor, but hadn't ever had one in their showroom. One wanted to sell me something I didn't want, and they were not at all shy about being pushy about it. Several others wanted to talk but clearly didn't belive a deal was possible because they'd never seen a Raptor. It was lunacy. I finally connected with a dealership that is an out-of-state branch of a dealer in my town. The main office in my own town only wanted to talk, but the branch office knew what it takes to close a deal.

You need to shop around for a dealership with the same cynicism that you'd use to select a dentist, doctor, plumber, or vet.

saleen970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cancel your order with that dealer. You do not need to do business with a crooked outfit, or establish a relationship with them. Look elsewhere.

I had a somewhat similar experiences when I was shopping for my 2011. Several dealers had heard of a Raptor, but hadn't ever had one in their showroom. One wanted to sell me something I didn't want, and they were not at all shy about being pushy about it. Several others wanted to talk but clearly didn't belive a deal was possible because they'd never seen a Raptor. It was lunacy. I finally connected with a dealership that is an out-of-state branch of a dealer in my town. The main office in my own town only wanted to talk, but the branch office knew what it takes to close a deal.

You need to shop around for a dealership with the same cynicism that you'd use to select a dentist, doctor, plumber, or vet.

I did the same, Anderson Ford in Clinton Illinois is where I have bought all my SVT and Saleen vehicals. they have 6-8 SVT vehicals on their lots at about all times.