Just got my '22 CO Raptor, but.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GibGas

GibGas

Reaction score
Nice beast, man. One recommendation…take the advertisement sticker off the tailgate…lower left. Hate when dealers do that.
I hate it too. It’s on my to-do list this weekend. Gonna have to sneak my wife’s hairdryer into the garage without her knowing

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. I just got the truck back. It was actually the aftermarket spray-in liner. They laid it on just a little too thick and it's causing the tailgate to kick back. Going to sand it down slightly. I'd have the original accessory store fix the issue, but they are 1000 miles away.
Had the same issue after LineX. The gap is small where the bed and tailgate meet. System is sensing an obstruction and opening back up/binding. You’ll notice the factory actually doesn’t coat the tailgate in that area and doesn’t wrap the liner down the front edge of the bed. Sanding bed liner is not easy. I had LineX redo the tailgate and apply it thinner in that area. Best of luck.

OP
OP
GibGas

GibGas

Reaction score
Another beautiful orange Raptor. Congrats on the truck and easy tailgate fix.
Had the same issue after LineX. The gap is small where the bed and tailgate meet. System is sensing an obstruction and opening back up/binding. You’ll notice the factory actually doesn’t coat the tailgate in that area and doesn’t wrap the liner down the front edge of the bed. Sanding bed liner is not easy. I had LineX redo the tailgate and apply it thinner in that area. Best of luck.
I don’t know who did the original job. It looks nice, but now that the dealership pointed it out, you can see exactly where it’s rubbing. I’m at the local LINE-X. They are just going to sand off the edge a bit to free up some space. Hopefully, it’s an easy fix. Probably could’ve done it myself, but I’m sure they have better tools for the job.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
Nice looking truck and happy you found it! Glad they figured out the tail gate issue. As for the color, the Orange certainly looks different in person. Enjoy!

j1nino

Reaction score
Everything I read on this forum about Code Orange was spot on, all pictures make it look Red but it is totally not in person. First time seeing the color was 8 days ago when I picked it up at the dealer and I couldn't be more happy.

Is there any way to make an iPhone camera show the color accurately???