Just got a ruby red 2014 which was my dream truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
If you go the cat back route, an easy way to get your sound and essentially "ghost delete" everything after, would be to go with electronic cutouts. Flip a switch, and the muffler and resonator are gone (mostly).
Thank you for the comment. I actually thought about it but rather go full stock on the Cat and muffler for the SMOG and then swap out just the muffler with a Magnaflow in between my SMOG checks.
Do you think that'll work?

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Thank you for the comment. I actually thought about it but rather go full stock on the Cat and muffler for the SMOG and then swap out just the muffler with a Magnaflow in between my SMOG checks.
Do you think that'll work?
I mean, it SHOULD pass the smog on all oem, outside of that, I have no idea how cali does things haha.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. After a year of search I finally found the truck of my dreams.
Love this bad boy sooo much.

It's a 2014 ruby red with all the mods that I was looking for.
I picked it up from Utah and drove all the way to California.
Unfortunately the truck runs long tube headers and a Magnaflow muffler which I can't pass emissions test here in California.

I think I'm gonna have to get stock cat and muffler to make it work.

View attachment 320733
View attachment 320732
I'll trade ya those nasty long tubes for my stock, and will supply beer!

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
Welcome! I would gladly of traded you my exhaust system for yours plus cash and pay the bill for the shop to remove and install. Good looking truck!
That's a really nice offer actually. I will post updates here probably in a couple days.

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Cali is too harsh in regulations. I've heard if I put OEM CAT, my truck won't pass SMOG here with an aftermarket muffler even due to higher flow.
Yeah I agree, cali is super harsh on alot of their restrictions. Here in Mississippi there's no inspection, and only required to have one actual taillight