GEN 2 Just gave up trying to run wire to S1 backup lights from engine compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent 2 hours rolling around under my 2019 Raptor truck this morning trying to find a clean way of running wire from Baja Designs S1 backup lights that I currently have tapped into passenger side rear tail light. I got the harness that also allows you to run them off one of the upfitter switches but that requires running a wire under the truck from the back passenger side to the front passenger side.

I just don't see any clean way to do this and I can't find an pics showing the path to run a wire from under the truck.

Does anyone have pics showing the best path for running a wire from the back of the truck to the passenger side of the engine compartment?

I'm familiar with frame clips but I don't even see good places to put them and I would really rather have the wires up higher than on the side of the frame.

Starting at the back of the truck I see some thin metal cross 'U' channel beams that run from the left to right side and support the bed of the truck. These have a few holes in them. And would be a good place for the wire because they are way up high. I could drill another small hole next to the factory holes (about the size of a dime) and loop a wire tie thru them to hold up the wire? But that's not really a professional solution and that will only get me part of the way.

How are people running a wire from the back bumper to the engine compartment?

On my 17 I ran 2 power lines from the engine to the rear through the passenger side frame. Took about 15-20 minutes. [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good info in this thread. Today I ran a LVJ Motorsports harness I got from Nick at Apollo Optics to my S1s. Nice connector, well made. It has Weathertech connectors but I was able to run them through the frame rail. I didn’t want to cut up the harness. Now I have full use with upfitter switch AND reverse lights.

Key is prep the harness, I taped down the connectors and made it so nothing would snag.

Used my fish tape and went in short increments using the large 2” holes along the rail. There are four of them. Started by the passenger tire and pushed it to first hole, Untaped and started new to next hole and so on.

Took about an hour but was able to go all the way from the front tire to very back. By going on the short sections I avoided a couple of angles and the cross members blocking the path.

Last edited: