GEN 2 Just gave up trying to run wire to S1 backup lights from engine compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK... I got a couple 10' Baja Designs extension wires. These are in a heavy sheath and have Weather Pack plugs on both ends. Were you pulling regular double strand wire and then adding the Weather pack connectors later? What gauge wire did you use?

You ran a fish tape thru the frame all the way from the front of the truck to the back in one pull? Or did you go into holes in the frame and pull a little at a time?

Thanks!
I used the wiring harness provided by the supplier. The wires were two insulated wires inside of another vinyl plastic flexible conduit. The weather pack plugs are only on the end that connect to the lights at the rear. The end of the wires that connects to the uplifter wires in the engine compartment have no plugs. In my case, by pulling the harness from the rear to the front, you are not pulling any plugs thru the frame.
The wiring harness I used also has the option to hook into the reverse lights at the rear. You can hook it up both ways.
Reverse lights wiring on the truck and also to the uplifter wires power.

I did mine in one long pull from behind the front tire where you would go up to the fuse box area.... all the way back to the rear bumper. Get a helper to feed the harness from the rear while you pull from the front.

The wiring harness was supplied by RAPTOR LIGHTS...in think.

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hooked up my S2 reverse kit this weekend. Didn't think to run it inside the frame. I used zip ties along the frame. Had about 3 feet extra cable. It was easy. Had my 14 year old son lay on his skateboard under the truck. No beer. No scotch. Lights work. Ran it to upfitter #6. Now you have me thinking I should redo it inside the frame :emotions122:

Bulldog17

Reaction score
Yeah, ran mine along the frame also....now sitting here trying to remember where my fish is..after contemplation I guess I'll actually try to find it.....dont want to rush modifying a mod.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man Law: it’s only acceptable to drink scotch if there’s no bourbon readily available :p

Agreed...but you guys need to try 30 year old Appleton Estate RUM...ho-ho-ho and a bottle of Rum...if you can still find..only sold 770 in USA few years back...got 3 bottle for those extra special jobs..but only 1 shot per job,sipped VERY slowly at $500 per bottle.And have the Bourbon and Single Malt for those "easy" jobs... :Caffeine:

BTW..their 20 year old is a good 2nd easy to find and 1/4 the price..

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooked up my S2 reverse kit this weekend. Didn't think to run it inside the frame. I used zip ties along the frame. Had about 3 feet extra cable. It was easy. Had my 14 year old son lay on his skateboard under the truck. No beer. No scotch. Lights work. Ran it to upfitter #6. Now you have me thinking I should redo it inside the frame :emotions122:
I defnitely think you should rewire inside the frame this time.............:angels2: