Just Did A Forscan Audio Mod With My 802A B&O 2018 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
So I did the Forscan mod and it decreases the bass output significantly. I now have to crank up the gain on the sub amp to full to get it to distort. I'll leave it like this for a while and see how it settles in.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So right upfront I apologize for my question being a bit OT, but with so many Forscan threads it's hard for me to keep track. I purchased the unit for the OBD port from Amazon, the one with the switch, and it's sitting in the plastic bag it came in unused. Why?

My understanding is you need to download Forscan. Done.

Join Forscan forum. Done.

Get approval and a license from administrator. Not done.

I joined at least a month ago and sent an email after that to the administrator stating I never received a reply or license.

Is that wrong? Can I just hook the thing up to my car and computer and go to work?

If that's not wrong, It must be me. I must be a pariah and the first one to be denied credentials.

OP
OP
MadMaxx

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did the Forscan mod and it decreases the bass output significantly. I now have to crank up the gain on the sub amp to full to get it to distort. I'll leave it like this for a while and see how it settles in.

Well, that's a quick way to blow the Sub....

Amp gains are not volume knobs.

Kahuna

Reaction score
So cranking the gain up until it distorts the sub and then backing it off is not the way to set gain? By "leave it like this" I meant the Forscan mod, not the distorting sub. LOL

OP
OP
MadMaxx

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So cranking the gain up until it distorts the sub and then backing it off is not the way to set gain? By "leave it like this" I meant the Forscan mod, not the distorting sub. LOL

No, because it can still be getting a Clipped Signal.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Happy for you to pop around with your oscilloscope any time. Beer is on me. :)

OP
OP
MadMaxx

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy for you to pop around with your oscilloscope any time. Beer is on me. :)

Just the Scope, or should I bring the SMD products as well?

And yes, even with the DD1, it's a great tool to "get you there", but even when the distortion light goes out on it, there is still a small bit of a Square Wave going on.

IMG_0526.JPG