Just Did A Forscan Audio Mod With My 802A B&O 2018 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the change yesterday, Not sure how I feel about it. It puts much more power to the front door speakers and the sub doesn’t seem as strong. I’ll give it a few days.

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the change of the audio. The front stage you can tell it got a boost of sound. I couldn’t tell a difference in the woofer.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just did the change of the audio. The front stage you can tell it got a boost of sound. I couldn’t tell a difference in the woofer.
Seems much less to sub and rear speakers. Don’t think I’m a fan

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
On the surface at least, this would make sense; the factory kicker is ... 100w(?) the stocker is the same 25w rms as the rest of the system IIRC

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The sound is growing on me. Wonder is there is any code to put alittle more to the sub?

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
My suggestion is to just bite the bullet and replace the stock sub with a Kicker and add a small amp... I got the ACM 1.300 which has inbuilt LOC and Accubass for like $140 and the Kicker sub is around $100.

I just did it and couldn't be happier. I was close to going full Nav TV amp replacement etc. but the way it is has enough bass to shake the rearview mirror and the amp is at half gain.

I am going to try this mod once the sub is broken in though.

Thanks for posting. I have been following this thread on F150 but there has not been a lot of discussion.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2018-b-o-stereo-forscan-breakthrough-411268/index3/

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to just bite the bullet and replace the stock sub with a Kicker and add a small amp... I got the ACM 1.300 which has inbuilt LOC and Accubass for like $140 and the Kicker sub is around $100.

I just did it and couldn't be happier. I was close to going full Nav TV amp replacement etc. but the way it is has enough bass to shake the rearview mirror and the amp is at half gain.

I am going to try this mod once the sub is broken in though.

Thanks for posting. I have been following this thread on F150 but there has not been a lot of discussion.

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2018-b-o-stereo-forscan-breakthrough-411268/index3/

Which Kicker sub did you get and did you fit it to the existing enclosure or purchase a new enclosure?

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
I have a '19 with B&O. I used the stock sub enclosure, sealed the port and Dynamatted the hell out of it as I had a bunch lying around from doing the wife's jeep a few years ago. I used the Kicker 43cwrt81 wired in series which I purchased used from smurfslayer. A few months ago when I was purchasing it could be had new for under $100 but $150 seems to be the norm now. When Amazon gets stock back I expect it will be lower.

With the ACM 1.300 it seems to distort the sub at much more than half gain but there is plenty of thump. I wish I got the newer ACM which has remote control facility so I could crank it up when needed but I only paid $140 new for the old model which doesn't have the connector. Bass varies dramatically on Sirius XM channels, for example 80's on 8 and First wave have little bass. RTB radio has moderate and the Joint reggae channel is extreme. It would be good to be able to tweak from the driver's seat.

I also replaced the door speakers with Pioneer 5 way 6x9s which are about $60, put fastrings on and dynamited the doors. Tweeters, rears and centre channel are stock. Centre will probably be converted to be the speaker for my VHF.

Wfo, I sometimes get up to Syracuse to visit family. If I do I'd be happy to let you listen and have a fiddle.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a '19 with B&O. I used the stock sub enclosure, sealed the port and Dynamatted the hell out of it as I had a bunch lying around from doing the wife's jeep a few years ago. I used the Kicker 43cwrt81 wired in series which I purchased used from smurfslayer. A few months ago when I was purchasing it could be had new for under $100 but $150 seems to be the norm now. When Amazon gets stock back I expect it will be lower.

With the ACM 1.300 it seems to distort the sub at much more than half gain but there is plenty of thump. I wish I got the newer ACM which has remote control facility so I could crank it up when needed but I only paid $140 new for the old model which doesn't have the connector. Bass varies dramatically on Sirius XM channels, for example 80's on 8 and First wave have little bass. RTB radio has moderate and the Joint reggae channel is extreme. It would be good to be able to tweak from the driver's seat.

I also replaced the door speakers with Pioneer 5 way 6x9s which are about $60, put fastrings on and dynamited the doors. Tweeters, rears and centre channel are stock. Centre will probably be converted to be the speaker for my VHF.

Wfo, I sometimes get up to Syracuse to visit family. If I do I'd be happy to let you listen and have a fiddle.
Hit me up when you visit the Cuse.