Just checked my catch can. Oh my!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
More Ovaltine, please!

That's crazy after 5k miles. Do you have any other modifications?

Kyle@COBB

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will bet 95% of what you see there is water. My catch can fills quickly in the winter and what it fills with is water (and a small amount of oil) - the water would have exited the crankcase as vapor and been harmless to the motor. The oil is what you are really trying to catch as that will leave deposits

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Darin are you running the SP542s?

I just had a miss fire running those plugs and not sure if running a colder plug would have any affect on the catch amount or not.

Either way I just ordered the JLT catch can after seeing this [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am running the 542 but saw zero difference with the plug change. Didn't change back to stock because I didn't feel like it.

More Ovaltine, please!

That's crazy after 5k miles. Do you have any other modifications?

Kyle@COBB

No other modifications and I don't run this truck hard at all. I'm averaging 17.3 MPG over probably 5,000 miles and that even included a little bit of towing.

I will bet 95% of what you see there is water. My catch can fills quickly in the winter and what it fills with is water (and a small amount of oil) - the water would have exited the crankcase as vapor and been harmless to the motor. The oil is what you are really trying to catch as that will leave deposits

I'm sure some of it is moisture. That's also why it looks like watered down chocolate milk. There was a heavy sludge in the bottom that I needed to get out with a rag. Either way I don't want any of that going the my intake, motor and exhaust.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The gen 2 ecoboost began in 2015.

The gen 2 Raptor began in 2017.
Gen1 Sasquatch77 was 2016-2018.
Gen2 sasquatch77 is a definite downgrade, but still about to get banned. again. still.

New FRF ban for sasquatch77 is coming as a 2019 option.
You will like the way FRF is when this loser is banned again.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gen 2 ecoboost began in 2015.

The gen 2 Raptor began in 2017.

Thanks, but not what Gen Raptor but what Gen V6 Ecoboost in the Gen 2 Raptor (2017+). Is there a Second Generation V6 Ecoboost in the 2017+ Raptors? Maybe with the Metal Oil Pan starting 2nd half 2018?