Just bought some Kings!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Raptor owner here: 2011 SCAB with 116k. Bought it in early July and have since replaced the blown stock front shocks with King 3.0’s with finned reservoirs and Camburg uniball UCA’s. What a massive difference! 2 foot whoops are pillow soft. Can’t wait to do the bedcage with Deavers and some bypasses. Waiting on an SVC Baja front bumper with a 40” Rigid E Series Midnight.

7DFE0184-467E-4591-A824-8C97589716EC.jpeg

0F2D6FE3-8F64-4F20-86CF-5F524C84B526.jpeg

07149822-CBA0-47A3-BD63-6ACF0853DDB6.jpeg

OP
OP
II Sevv

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Poly Performance hooked it up on pricing and I can anecdotally recommend them for shock purchases. Everyone else was 8-12 weeks out and most didn’t even carry the finned resi’s. Paid over the phone and they were at my door 2 days later.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
New Raptor owner here: 2011 SCAB with 116k. Bought it in early July and have since replaced the blown stock front shocks with King 3.0’s with finned reservoirs and Camburg uniball UCA’s. What a massive difference! 2 foot whoops are pillow soft. Can’t wait to do the bedcage with Deavers and some bypasses. Waiting on an SVC Baja front bumper with a 40” Rigid E Series Midnight.

View attachment 152504

View attachment 152505

View attachment 152506
Just for my own use...¿what made you go with the KINGS and the Camburg's UCAs? I'm still on the fence vs staying with FOX brand for my upgrade to the 3.0s...heard the the KINGS are noisy and click etc? No a deal breaker for but might get annoying on street driving?

OP
OP
II Sevv

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T
Just for my own use...¿what made you go with the KINGS and the Camburg's UCAs? I'm still on the fence vs staying with FOX brand for my upgrade to the 3.0s...heard the the KINGS are noisy and click etc? No a deal breaker for but might get annoying on street driving?
The King bypasses can get noisy but they have allegedly fixed that. I haven’t done the rears yet as I am saving funds to do a bed cage and deavers at the same time. The King coilovers don’t make any noise.

I went with the Kings because the Fox 3.0’s don’t actually have a 3” piston, they have a 2.5” piston. The Kings have a true 3” piston and the formula for the volume of a cylinder will tell you that the extra .5” piston diameter results in an extra 45% of cylinder volume, and therefore much more damping. I considered the Icons but A) they have a much stiffer spring rate that I didn’t want and B) Icon doesn’t make custom length bypasses, and I would have had mismatched brand shocks when I add 16” rear bypasses in a bed cage.

Finally, I went with the Camburgs simply because I got them used at a good deal. Uniballs are a must when lifting the front end because the factory ball joints act as a limiting factor for travel as the added front end height maxes our their operating angle, and the factory ball joints are also much weaker than Uniballs. I was going to go with Uniballs regardless but went with Camburg only because it was a compelling deal. I would not even worry about bypass noise if you take the truck offroad because my Camburg arms make a hell of a lot of noise once the slightest bit of dirt gets on them.

OP
OP
II Sevv

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meironman207,

Price was also a factor. I bought the set for $2550 shipped and adjustable Fox 3.0’s would’ve been $300 more. Fox only sells the finned reservoirs as a separate add on upgrade and that would’ve added hundreds of dollars.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Meironman207,

Price was also a factor. I bought the set for $2550 shipped and adjustable Fox 3.0’s would’ve been $300 more. Fox only sells the finned reservoirs as a separate add on upgrade and that would’ve added hundreds of dollars.

Aye! Thanks for your honest experiences!Something to throw into the mix for final choice...