Just bought a Gen 3 37

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stockett86

Reaction score
So I got lucky…well I still feel I got taken advantage of because this market is crazy. With my F-250 order that had no light at the end of the tunnel since November I asked my dealer if they had any trucks coming in that might fit what I need. I sold my Gen 1 back in December. I have been driving a work truck waiting on my F-250 build. He said they have a 2022 Gen 3 37 coming in on May 16th. We did a little back and forth and I ended up canceling my build and purchasing the Gen 3. Now my question is what are some essential mods if any. I remember with the Gen 1 it was the frame support, bumpstops and a new power steering fluid reservoir. Is there any essential modifications these new generations need right off the bat? I live in AZ and summer is coming, I have read a little about maybe a new IC with a tune? Appreciate any insight to get me caught back up.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the order. Be careful about putting a tune on these trucks if you are worried at all about warranty issues. The electronics are pretty high tech compared to years past. I would maybe just do cosmetic mods, the power from the factory is plenty for cruizing the mall or Starbucks.

Bizzz

Reaction score
So I got lucky…well I still feel I got taken advantage of because this market is crazy. With my F-250 order that had no light at the end of the tunnel since November I asked my dealer if they had any trucks coming in that might fit what I need. I sold my Gen 1 back in December. I have been driving a work truck waiting on my F-250 build. He said they have a 2022 Gen 3 37 coming in on May 16th. We did a little back and forth and I ended up canceling my build and purchasing the Gen 3. Now my question is what are some essential mods if any. I remember with the Gen 1 it was the frame support, bumpstops and a new power steering fluid reservoir. Is there any essential modifications these new generations need right off the bat? I live in AZ and summer is coming, I have read a little about maybe a new IC with a tune? Appreciate any insight to get me caught back up.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

What are your plans for the truck? A work truck like the F250 you had on order? Are you towing a job trailer or bed full of tools?

OP
OP
S

Stockett86

Reaction score
It will be my daily driver and hunting vehicle. I do quite a bit of hunting on some rough roads. I don’t need to go fast but clearance and travel pushed the limits on the Gen 1 quite a few times.
What are your plans for the truck? A work truck like the F250 you had on order? Are you towing a job trailer or bed full of tools?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
A stock Gen 3 37 is taller than a stock Gen 1. 13.1" vs 11.2" respectively. I am not sure if there are upgraded springs available yet, but I imagine you will see something soon.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So which snakes hit you on the Raptor here in the Valley? All these dealers are A holes

OP
OP
S

Stockett86

Reaction score
So which snakes hit you on the Raptor here in the Valley? All these dealers are A holes
I don’t want to bash them. They at least worked with me a little bit on price and they have been great in the past. I know someone who paid $4K more than I did for the same truck but 2021. Still, it’s sickening what they are charging for all vehicles these days.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Ouch if you’re going local you’re paying at least 15k over. Only honest dealer here is Sanderson and their raptor list is probably 2 miles long. The only important modification for us is a nice ceramic tint on all glass for summer time! Everything else will more than handle your daily/hunting needs.

quadmaster922

Reaction score
Congratulations on your Raptor, you’ll be amazed at what it can do, Just drive it and enjoy it, I pd 25k over but very happy with my 37