Just another reason to stick with a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I've got this right: @GordoJay's and worker exploitations are derivative of not applying an ADM on essential goods during disasters. And, ADM comments like the one above, directly translate to support for idiots who needlessly stockpile and tyrannical companies who exploit workers. With such, please consider my ADM comments a mistake and completely withdrawn.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to add bullets, powder and primers to the above list. J/K
No really nothing wrong with supply and demand on luxury items, that’s how it is supposed to work. Hopefully each dealership gets at least a couple. I can only imagine what ADM my dealership will charge if they only get one Raptor R.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully I've got this right: @GordoJay's and worker exploitations are derivative of not applying an ADM on essential goods during disasters...

I think you have it exactly backwards. Do a mental experiment with me. Let's say we have a hurricane here in Colorado and lose power for an extended period. Since Home Depot is not allowed to raise the price of generators, the first few guys lucky enough to get there early buy one, buy a spare, and buy a couple more just in case a friend or in-law might need one. Why not? They're cheap. If the price was allowed to rise to the point where people only bought what they really needed then more people would be able to get one. By the same token, if generators are going for $10k in Colorado, people all over the US would clean out their local stores and start driving my direction. I end up with power in a day or two. That might well be worth $10k to me. If no one is allowed to raise the price, it's not worth anyone's time to make the effort, and we wait for the government to move. And we wait. And wait. And wait. It could be weeks or months before I have power. Simply put, raising prices is the most efficient way to allocate scarce resources. That someone makes an "unfair" profit is beside the point. It's luck. If you buy a lottery ticket and win, is that unfair? How?

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm also part of the GT500 forum, those guys are still discussing where to find true MSRP deals (ie. not bait and switch) on non-track 2020s, and you can forget about finding a 2020 Carbon Fiber Track Pack car at MSRP (check out below). So, this stuff is quite common, wait until the 2021 Raptors arrive and then the 2022 R Raptors, it will also be quite hilariously overpriced.

View attachment 162115

180K for a stang....yeah, I'll go for the 911 T at that point

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it @GordoJay, it's difficult to have zero ADMs because people either stockpile to stockpile or stockpile to resale. Ideally, there should be no price gouging and no stockpiling on essential goods. I'm talking about essential goods, like milk, water, food, gasoline and similar stuff, I wouldn't consider a back-up generator (or lotto ticket haha) essential.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you have it exactly backwards. Do a mental experiment with me. Let's say we have a hurricane here in Colorado and lose power for an extended period. Since Home Depot is not allowed to raise the price of generators, the first few guys lucky enough to get there early buy one, buy a spare, and buy a couple more just in case a friend or in-law might need one. Why not? They're cheap.

Why not? Home Depot will limit quantities to 1 or 2 to prevent scalping. Not sure what things are like in Denver, but in actual huricanne country, this sort of thing is the norm. Home Depot doesn't like scalpers anymore than you and I do. It's bad for business. Customers will remember that you were out of stock when you really needed them, while Lowes was stocked because they blocked scalpers from cleaning out their stock.

If the price was allowed to rise to the point where people only bought what they really needed then more people would be able to get one. By the same token, if generators are going for $10k in Colorado, people all over the US would clean out their local stores and start driving my direction. I end up with power in a day or two. That might well be worth $10k to me. If no one is allowed to raise the price, it's not worth anyone's time to make the effort, and we wait for the government to move. And we wait. And wait. And wait. It could be weeks or months before I have power. Simply put, raising prices is the most efficient way to allocate scarce resources. That someone makes an "unfair" profit is beside the point. It's luck. If you buy a lottery ticket and win, is that unfair? How?

Not sure I follow your argument here. Ignoring a retailer's ability to not sell to scalpers for a minute, I'm not sure how raising the prices at the retail location is an efficient way to allocate resources. You now have people who are opting not to get get the generator (or more essential need) because they would rather risk it than pay twice as much as what a generator would normally cost. Maybe the price will drop if others take the same attitude, so instead of getting essential goods to people, you having to spend time negotiating for a better price. Not the rich folks, they don't care. And what happens when the retailer underestimates what the market value is, and a scalper buys them up. How does a typical customer find out they gotta go to Billy Bob's house to get an overpriced generator. Doesn't sound efficient to me.

To be clear, I'm not talking about normal market supply and demand here, but when an effect causes a drastic change in supply and demand for essential goods.

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt there will be huge markups on 2021 raptor because there are still many 2020 still unsold due to the covid-economic situation. Dealers can markup as much as they want a few will buy but most don't. Raptor R will be marked heavily because everyone says they will buy a v8 (half of them will disappear when they see the price tag and many go sour grapes) a few youtubers will buy to create content by bashing it against trx. Will be interesting to see how the market reacts at that time. There could be production shortages, pre-orders, long wait times for delivery so many unknowns. In 2017 i looked at an avalance gray raptor marked 10k over msrp, thing sat there and ended up selling less than msrp because market saturated as other dealers were selling msrp.