Just a warning for those tuning gen3s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to warn those interested and possibly looking into tuning their gen 3s. Older gen 1s and 2s used the older IDS program at dealerships for diagnostic purposes. Those versions of diagnostics created log files and sometimes Ford would ask for those logs to do some checking or verify if vehicles may have been tuned ect. Newer gen3s now use a different program which is live on Ford servers ect and they can basically "see/share" the screen all the time with engineers/tech hotline divisions. I know most of you will still tune regardless or opt into Ford performance which can maintain warranty purposes but just wanted to warn that "big brother is watching" and in worse cases I have seen warranty claims get denied due to tunes or accepted and covered but power train warranties being voided by higher-ups after the fact. Just throwing this info out there from a dealership tech level. You can message me private for more info ect as I'm not posting much more on here.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The expected evolution of tech in vehicles. Gen 4 will probably have an a-nal probe built into the seat to monitor your vitals and make sure you're in physical condition to drive safely.
I actually came across a leaked picture of the new "internal monitor" option. All I can say is, be careful on rough roads! At least it is stainless. No word yet if it is tied into the heated/cooled seats. Ford says the internal monitor will be wirelessly linked by a new technology called Browntooth.

1628339884469.jpeg

Last edited:

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually came across a leaked picture of the new "internal monitor" option. All I can say is, be careful on rough roads! At least it is stainless. No word yet if it is tied into the heated/cooled seats.

View attachment 315184

hahahah, glad to see you cleaned it before you posted the pic old fart. lol

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gen 2 talks to mommy raptor
Every start up— it seems like.
Ford Dealer owner friend tells me
Forget it, Ford now sees everything and your warranty will evaporate and ford knows you know why.
After all if we can can control a rover on Mars that’s like 128 million miles yes that’s 128 million miles away the tech to monitor a vehicle here on earth piece of cake now. High technology for a 4 wheel computer.
Ps: car worst environment for electronics. Vibrations
Thermal cycling,temperature extremes,Harshness,electrical noise , crosstalk, power surges (jump start)all killer.