Just a warning for those tuning gen3s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Actually, the government or any entity literally spying on my activity through clandestine access to my property is patently illegal. If these goons don’t have my consent in writing, or have a valid(?) court order to tap into my vehicle device(s), then I’ll take it as a communist attack and respond accordingly.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the government or any entity literally spying on my activity through clandestine access to my property is patently illegal. If these goons don’t have my consent in writing, or have a valid(?) court order to tap into my vehicle device(s), then I’ll take it as a communist attack and respond accordingly.
While I agree with you. Correct me if I am wrong, but if you give Ford permission to log your trucks data via FordPass can the government file a court order to hand over that info? With the BS they are pulling now they could fine you for tampering with factory settings. Just like they are doing in the diesel world right now.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I had read somewhere that Ford is also using a new encryption that will make it impossible, or at least very difficult to apply an aftermarket tune. That true?

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had read somewhere that Ford is also using a new encryption that will make it impossible, or at least very difficult to apply an aftermarket tune. That true?
This is what I a hearing as well... no 2021 F150 tunes yet from MPT or others (from my limited search), unless a piggyback is out there. MPT says untunable for now... assuming the raptor is the same, since most likely similar ECU.

coryatver

Reaction score
well it uses cell signal. So cut the cell signal connection and it can't communicate. Good to go. Im sure the performance shops will have a easy fix.