Just a warning for those tuning gen3s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So for us newbs to the new Gens ( i still got my Gen 1 ). What exactly do we disable in the trucks settings so they are not tracking our vehicles? Cause i'll totally be tuning it when I get mine when tunes more available.
Honestly, it won't matter if you turn anything off (if you can find it) or not. Anytime you throw a tune on there the flash count is recorded. The second they hook the scanner up to your truck for anything it'll show up.

Last edited:

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mpt. About 700 inc the device. The Trk was much better , more responsive, faster , snappier. I gained about 75 hp. Could have gained a lot more but we only have 91 here. Go with mpt or goose tuned. Goose is more money and is better

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
get proper tune and its not a concern , i have 100,000 tuned miles
Agreed, & if it is an issue? This ain’t a carolla. Absolute worst case scenario? Starts acting up? As long as it’s driving (and it will be- most likely ya get a TC or trans issue) drive on down to Carmax get yourself a fat check & move on lol

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, & if it is an issue? This ain’t a carolla. Absolute worst case scenario? Starts acting up? As long as it’s driving (and it will be- most likely ya get a TC or trans issue) drive on down to Carmax get yourself a fat check & move on lol
Thats why I'll never buy another used car!!!!! somebody will screw it up and then pass it on to some unsuspecting customers.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving my 21 stk until it can be tuned is gonna suck
I also had about 70k on my gen 2 with the MPT tune and loved it. Mine consistently developed a hard 1-2 shift after a number of miles but a re-flash would fix it (resets the trans learning). Never could figure that out.

My 21 has a much better factory tune all around. Can't wait to put an MPT or Goosetune on it.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also had about 70k on my gen 2 with the MPT tune and loved it. Mine consistently developed a hard 1-2 shift after a number of miles but a re-flash would fix it (resets the trans learning). Never could figure that out.

My 21 has a much better factory tune all around. Can't wait to put an MPT or Goosetune on it.
Yeah my 2018 had the same trans shift issue with MPT while waiting for Cobb to get their product to market. I’m running the Cobb trans “Sport” tune with zero issues. Cobb has set their baseline to the 2019 factory trans tuning and go from there. My 2018 shifts much better.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahahah, glad to see you cleaned it before you posted the pic old fart. lol
If your full of adventure do the tune and don’t cry later. If your racing the truck who cares. If your racing the truck to every red light don’t be a don’t be a dumb *** and leave it alone. I flew at Mach 1.2+ so, everything is slow.