July 18 Reveal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That teaser vid is bad @ss! I am planning on getting one eventually.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tech is not there yet. Not all of what you're asking for anyway. Yes, you could probably get a 600 mile range out of hybrid, but it's going to be much more fuel tank that battery to get you there. Batteries weigh too much and take up space. And since you need the engine and fuel tank for a hybrid, only so much you can do. A Power Boost can probably get you to 600 right now.

I am totally with you on the 200 mile battery plug in hybrid though. I'll even take it with a 200 mile fuel tank. That would meet my daily needs all on battery...but then it would seem really weird to carry an unused engine and fuel tank everywhere I go.

As far as the 800+ hp....yes, you can get there with an EV. You could get there with a hybrid if it's SC V8 and a tiny battery. You certainly are not going to get a 600 mile range with that though.

The energy density of batteries needs a leap forward to get this. More energy per volume and weight , something much closer to gasoline, will greatly increase range while dropping, or at least maintaining, weight. Honestly, if we can get to a full size truck EV with 800 hp, 600 mile range(and not destroyed when towing), and weighs the same or less as an ICE F150, then I think we have a winner. Ignoring all the geopolitical and other economic concerns of course.
So the ancient saying is true: "lighter, stronger, or cheaper... pick two".

FredSJr

Reaction score
Ford Authority email has the story. And the base price is $109,+++. Only the serious need apply.