July 18 Reveal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most likely this, but I really wish all of the Gen 3 Raptors had at least an option for a brake upgrade. If this R version has the same basic F-150 brakes that will be a big miss in my eyes.
That is a damn good point.

No way we get a RAPTOR R with about another 200hp and the same ****** brake setup.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a damn good point.

No way we get a RAPTOR R with about another 200hp and the same ****** brake setup.
So my question is, the Gen 3’s still have weak brakes? Not much of any improvement? I realize Ford is using the same F-150 Gen14 brakes on the Raptor and with large diameter 37’s and the weight of them can’t make for quick stopping. 35’s were enough of a burden on the brakes.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my question is, the Gen 3’s still have weak brakes? Not much of any improvement? I realize Ford is using the same F-150 Gen14 brakes on the Raptor and with large diameter 37’s and the weight of them can’t make for quick stopping. 35’s were enough of a burden on the brakes.

I would guess they are going to use the same brakes as long as they remain in the acceptable range of 'safe enough' to pass testing. Improving the brakes isn't going to improve sales, and it could cause people to start asking why they don't offer better brakes on the regular Raptor if there were concerns. Yes, there is more power in the R, but you've got same tires, similar weight, needing to break from same speeds over same distance.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope its 600 mile range with hybrid tech.... 200 mile battery and 400 mile fuel tank pushing 800+ hp along with some massive suspension upgrades... maybe some bump stock shocks too... The tech is there. Just look at rivian and the Lightning. Is the demand there? Who knows? Biggest issue with electric is range anxiety. My dealer texted me yesterday and confirmed my spot on the list... no discussion of ADM or MSRP so lets see where that goes. Also, my wife thinks im crazy... my 22 gen3 only has 615 miles on it...

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gut tells me that Ford had the Raptor R ready to go earlier but when the TRX hit the street, they wanted to make sure they exceeded the TRX. Not necessarily more HP but better all around truck. Bought a few trucks and did some internal reviews and tweaked on the Raptor to that it does not come out a flop.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Offer optional Alcon brakes and a cab cage & harnesses. Get rid of the epas for a big boy hydraulic steering system. That rear 5 link is great, but that front shock bucket setup was never designed for long travel, and a locking rear that "unlocks" at 20mph? W.T.F?