Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sup everyone!?

We are proud to announce that our JRZ Lineup has proved more than well in the Gen 2 and now is available in the Gen 1 lineup! We are still working on getting some content for you but they are ready to order and are available for purchase!

We are offering free expedited shipping for a limited time!

https://www.olsenmotorsports.net/product/jrz-at-ford-raptor-2nd-gen-2010-2014-0-2-lift/

A few key specs:

• Straight bolt-in
  • No hopping
  • Leveling and up to 2 inch lift
  • Improved handling on and off road
  • Better comfort level
  • Better stability of vehicle body
  • Fine yet noticeable change per click
  • 14 clicks compression
  • 21 clicks rebound
  • High volume canister
  • Adjustable gas pressure
  • Heavy Duty bearings
  • Fully rebuildable
  • Long stroke kit customization possible

• Gen 1 Raptor Full.jpg Gen 1 Raptor Front Reservoir.jpg Gen 1 Raptor Rear.jpg

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI your site listing has a typo :
JRZ AT – Ford Raptor 2nd Gen (2010-2014) 0-2″ Lift

10-14 is a gen 1, its a little confusing. What is the shock body diameter on these and why should someone choose them over a known source like King, Fox or Icon?

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI your site listing has a typo :
JRZ AT – Ford Raptor 2nd Gen (2010-2014) 0-2″ Lift

10-14 is a gen 1, its a little confusing. What is the shock body diameter on these and why should someone choose them over a known source like King, Fox or Icon?
Thanks for the catch!! I will fix this ASAP

These are 64mm bodies non bypass dampers. They are derived from our Armored Vehicle Lineup that we use on our defense side of the business. They are targeted towards daily driven trucks, and weekend warriors that want to go out and run the trails on the weekends! The control on the street and the trail is amazing, zero body roll, minimal wheel hop enabling you to transfer power down, and a smooth ride over the bumps.

We are new to the Raptor chassis but have been making dampers for over 40 years!

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Few thoughts.

1. $5,300 is a lot for a new shock brand in this market.
2. At $5,300, 3.0" shocks by King, Icon and Fox are at the same price or cheaper. And they were even cheaper when they first came out.
3. The 3 brands posted above have years and years of testing and reviews on here.
4. Stock 2.5" fox shocks can be purchased for ~$1,400 or so from Rockauto.
5. Majority of owners don't upgrade to 3.0's due to cost.
6. I think to be competitive and reach the market of "improved shocks" but not at the 3.0 price point the starting price has to be slashed almost in half.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few thoughts.

1. $5,300 is a lot for a new shock brand in this market.
2. At $5,300, 3.0" shocks by King, Icon and Fox are at the same price or cheaper. And they were even cheaper when they first came out.
3. The 3 brands posted above have years and years of testing and reviews on here.
4. Stock 2.5" fox shocks can be purchased for ~$1,400 or so from Rockauto.
5. Majority of owners don't upgrade to 3.0's due to cost.
6. I think to be competitive and reach the market of "improved shocks" but not at the 3.0 price point the starting price has to be slashed almost in half.

Thanks for the input John!

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Olsen Motorsports I am curious why you would develop a shock package that is not of a bypass design, for a truck that comes with Internally Bypassed shocks from the factory.
All "Upgraded" offroad shocks for the Raptor are 3.0 and larger with external bypass adjusters to fine tune the shock.
It appears that you are using a compression and rebound adjuster at the reservoir to control fluid flow, but nothing position sensitive. Is there some design feature internally that Im missing?

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Olsen Motorsports I am curious why you would develop a shock package that is not of a bypass design, for a truck that comes with Internally Bypassed shocks from the factory.
All "Upgraded" offroad shocks for the Raptor are 3.0 and larger with external bypass adjusters to fine tune the shock.
It appears that you are using a compression and rebound adjuster at the reservoir to control fluid flow, but nothing position sensitive. Is there some design feature internally that Im missing?

Position sensitive dampening is very prevalent in the United States and widely accepted. In Europe the opposite is true. For instance Reiger Suspension is arguably one of the top off road suspension manufacturers in the world of Dakar and WRC and they, like us, do not manufacture bypass style systems.

I will not go into detail on position sensitive dampening as we are all aware of the physics behind it. What I will say is what I dont personally like about it. Low speed control and its ability to handle washboard style terrain. Low speed of course is braking, turn in, mid corner etc. With a bypass damper you end up with a very pitching and rolling vehicle which does not equate to a lot of chassis control and you end up waiting on the truck to take a set and basically settle down. We have all felt that in our trucks, try late braking, turn in hard and there is so much pitch and roll that you are not able to carry min speed at the limit of the tire, rather you are at the limit of the suspension in that scenario (think stadium trucks :). Also on washboard there is not a lot of lifting force in the damper (basically none at all because of the bypass) so you end up with a lot of wheel hop and chatter.

What bypass is good at because they are so soft on low and mid speed bump is that awesome in control floaty feeling over whoops. I am always mesmerized by watching those guys run over that terrain!

We use unidirectional frequency valves in our canisters that also function as pop off valves in both compression and rebound. Being unidirectional most of the low speed control is forced into the flutter stack thus allowing digressive damping to be achieved because of the massive lifting force in the canister. You end up with a flat controlled chassis, and the lifting force forces the tires into the dirt for maximum grip over the backside of the bump as well as over washboards. I always say four tires on the ground is better than 3!

The end result is a quiet smooth driving experience that is most enjoyable on road as well as off road! These systems were given birth from our armored lineup where we are able to achieve control and comfort from 15k lb armored SUV's all the way up to 30k lb APC's.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions ask away!

-Tim Olsen

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Position sensitive dampening is very prevalent in the United States and widely accepted. In Europe the opposite is true. For instance Reiger Suspension is arguably one of the top off road suspension manufacturers in the world of Dakar and WRC and they, like us, do not manufacture bypass style systems.

I will not go into detail on position sensitive dampening as we are all aware of the physics behind it. What I will say is what I dont personally like about it. Low speed control and its ability to handle washboard style terrain. Low speed of course is braking, turn in, mid corner etc. With a bypass damper you end up with a very pitching and rolling vehicle which does not equate to a lot of chassis control and you end up waiting on the truck to take a set and basically settle down. We have all felt that in our trucks, try late braking, turn in hard and there is so much pitch and roll that you are not able to carry min speed at the limit of the tire, rather you are at the limit of the suspension in that scenario (think stadium trucks :). Also on washboard there is not a lot of lifting force in the damper (basically none at all because of the bypass) so you end up with a lot of wheel hop and chatter.

What bypass is good at because they are so soft on low and mid speed bump is that awesome in control floaty feeling over whoops. I am always mesmerized by watching those guys run over that terrain!

We use unidirectional frequency valves in our canisters that also function as pop off valves in both compression and rebound. Being unidirectional most of the low speed control is forced into the flutter stack thus allowing digressive damping to be achieved because of the massive lifting force in the canister. You end up with a flat controlled chassis, and the lifting force forces the tires into the dirt for maximum grip over the backside of the bump as well as over washboards. I always say four tires on the ground is better than 3!

The end result is a quiet smooth driving experience that is most enjoyable on road as well as off road! These systems were given birth from our armored lineup where we are able to achieve control and comfort from 15k lb armored SUV's all the way up to 30k lb APC's.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions ask away!

-Tim Olsen

Thanks for the response Tim, that explains quite a bit.