Jon's 2021 Raptor Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

Reaction score
Well,

Almost two weeks and...

The 37's just were not for me - and before that's the end of the conversation with myself... I have run 37's on my Gladiators in the past close to 50k miles, so I have been there.

• MPG's
    • Were 12.0
    • Now 15.0
    • Increase of 3 mpg roughly.
  • Speed
    • To me, it feels quicker, placebo or not, I'm fine with that. (Calibrated forscan to stock setup for tire size).
  • Ride
    • Didn't notice much difference (did the height relearn).

Overall, I think I'm happy with being back on 35's - which I will replace come fall as the current set is getting down on tread from the factory; just passed 30k miles on the K02's.

Already sold my 37's next week, so presumably I won't eat every dollar.

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

Reaction score
I like how your wheels look. Is that setup in true bead lock form? Any clue if those rings add more weight vs the beauty rings?
I do not believe so; I'm getting new tires this fall so I can double check, but if I had to guess they are not set that way. When they were put on the total bill was around $100 for all 4 tires to be mounted. So.. I don't think so..