JLT Oil Seperator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a real issue with the gen 2 since added the dual injection. Just clean the intake manifold every 10-20k depending on driving habits. But…I have a catch can and it works well in high humidity areas.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still Amazed why anyone who spends all that money on a high performance vehicle and doesn't want anything but fresh air in their intake.

It's only being burnt in there because the EPA said no more venting to the atmosphere.

It wasn't originally designed to be burnt because it's a bad idea. I've done a ton of research prior to making a decision that a catch can is the only way to keep nothing but fresh air going into your intake as originally designed, simple enough.

But if you dont think it's worth it then don't purchase one.
Don't some of the newer FI engines (the LT4 comes to mind) have a built in "catch-can" - or in reality routing the blowby back into the crankcase?

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth. I’ve got a 17 Raptor and one of the first things I did was put a UPR dual valve catch can on it. I’ve got 33K miles on it and I hope this picture shows up. This bottle is just one of two that I have removed. When my new one comes in it will at the top of the list of things to do.
A1E4CB61-AF5F-4A43-9CDA-7FA22AC96789.jpeg

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
For what it’s worth. I’ve got a 17 Raptor and one of the first things I did was put a UPR dual valve catch can on it. I’ve got 33K miles on it and I hope this picture shows up. This bottle is just one of two that I have removed. When my new one comes in it will at the top of the list of things to do.
View attachment 320406
I have the same one, also have the uni. breather that replaces the oil cap for winter so if lines would freeze it still has a place for pressure to escape, better safe than sorry.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear people who praise catch cans have never ridden a scooter or cart with a 2 stroke engine. Man those were good times

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I swear people who praise catch cans have never ridden a scooter or cart with a 2 stroke engine. Man those were good times
I don't think too many people praise them. I think most of us think they are just a good idea. I had one on my boosted Mustang. I do not have one on my 18 F150. Think I'll put one on the Raptor, think I'll have it a while.