JLT Oil Seperator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres my 2 cents on catch cans: waste of money.
Yes it works as described as it does remove most oil (not all) in the recirculating tube or crankcase evap. Now what does this do to the engine? Absolutely nothing. These engines are completely fine burning a bit of oil in the intake. If I'm not mistaken, all combustion engines do this, just more pronounced and more obvious in vehicles equipped with forced induction

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here we go again...lord. Does it make it a good idea just because your truck CAN burn all the water and oil to do it? To ANY degree...does it help or hurt your vehicle and or it's performance? Do boosted vehicles benefit more or less from oil air separators? Is it a good idea to coat everything with oil before it gets back into the combustion cycle? Just some easy peasy questions for you "it's a waste" guys. 100K Truck and $150 oil air separator is a waste of money...too funny. Same guys getting synthetic oil changes and running premium gas because it better. LOL

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Still Amazed why anyone who spends all that money on a high performance vehicle and doesn't want anything but fresh air in their intake.

It's only being burnt in there because the EPA said no more venting to the atmosphere.

It wasn't originally designed to be burnt because it's a bad idea. I've done a ton of research prior to making a decision that a catch can is the only way to keep nothing but fresh air going into your intake as originally designed, simple enough.

But if you dont think it's worth it then don't purchase one.