Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Jet Mass Air Flow Sensor Upgrade for Ford 5.4 engine

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by brinkwolf, Jan 19, 2011.

1. iceman302

iceman302 Full Throttle OG

That sucks. Some of the local forums have dyno days and I've been to a few. Its a fun get-together. Here's a quick video of my Pontiac on the dyno:

YouTube - AED Dyno Day 3-14-10

2. Madcowranch

Madcowranch Genetically Modified

oooooooh, that sounds nice.

3. iceman302

Thanks! Its one of the best sounding cars I've owned... all wrapped in an unassuming four door family car wrapper.:)

4. brinkwolf

brinkwolf Full Access Member

That was nice but around here you just spent around $500 for that one pull. Back when I had the race cars that money was no big deal for dyno work cause the cars would make it back on the track. The Raptor though just gets me to work and back and a little fun now and then. I've had ole friends ask me if I have taken it to the track yet to see what it would do and I tell them that this is an off road truck not a Lightning.

5. iceman302

That's highway robbery. I need to fold up tent, move to Texas, and open a shop with a dyno.

6. BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN Birdministrator Staff Member Admin

brink JDM(our site vendor) does a good job with the Raptor 5.4 tunes. I used to have one...

7. brinkwolf

brinkwolf Full Access Member

Thanks Bird, I'm still kicking it around. Gas motors just don't do well with programmers like desiels do. Still trying to justify the money for what little HP you get(I know,I know it was a better deal than the MAF sensor I bought). I mean $400 plus is alot of money that can go elsewhere. Plus I don't run my truck like most people on here do(something it seems me and you have in common). It may go off-road at the farm or on the beach a few times a year. The whole reason I bought the Raptor was for the looks and cause it wasn't an ordinary truck that everyone has(luv the looks it gets). I do luv the sound that Rousch you sold me helped with the exhuast. I'm leaning pretty hard towards the Superchips cause we can get it here at work cheaper than anywhere else. So still gonna kick it around and the decide when income tax money comes in.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011