Jet Mass Air Flow Sensor Upgrade for Ford 5.4 engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got in and installed the Jet MAF sensor upgrade. It claims to help your high flow filter upgrade(Rousch,K&N and Airaid) to help produce more hp(12hp upgrade according to Jet and another 12hp ugrade for the Rousch). I installed this after installing the Rousch filter upgrade I got from Bird and so far have noticed a difference during acceleration(which is what I figured it to do). Most these mods are noticable only during wot and accelerating. I guess the additional cost is worth it if it really helps the air filter upgrade to produce more hp and flow better and the exhaust does sound better for stock exhaust. It is a simple swap that only requires undoing the connector and two screws and replacing the stock unit with the new one and putting back the screws and reconnecting the connector(took me a whole 10 minutes to install). Everyone I talk to says if your going to change the air filter to a performance one than change the MAF sensor aswell. So this mod is done aswell as the air filter mod and now onto the next which I'm still thinking on.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Watch out for these, my understanding is that aftermarket "performance" MAFs lie to the PCM, indicating more airflow in high flow conditions to get the PCM to add more fuel. Can be a bad thing if truck has been retuned to already richen the mixture at WOT.

This was my understanding based on the Granatelli Motorsports MAF difd on GMs.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well got in and installed the Jet MAF sensor upgrade. It claims to help your high flow filter upgrade(Rousch,K&N and Airaid) to help produce more hp(12hp upgrade according to Jet and another 12hp ugrade for the Rousch). I installed this after installing the Rousch filter upgrade I got from Bird and so far have noticed a difference during acceleration(which is what I figured it to do). Most these mods are noticable only during wot and accelerating. I guess the additional cost is worth it if it really helps the air filter upgrade to produce more hp and flow better and the exhaust does sound better for stock exhaust. It is a simple swap that only requires undoing the connector and two screws and replacing the stock unit with the new one and putting back the screws and reconnecting the connector(took me a whole 10 minutes to install). Everyone I talk to says if your going to change the air filter to a performance one than change the MAF sensor aswell. So this mod is done aswell as the air filter mod and now onto the next which I'm still thinking on.
Is it the same size? and if so what mm is it...

OP
OP
brinkwolf

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch out for these, my understanding is that aftermarket "performance" MAFs lie to the PCM, indicating more airflow in high flow conditions to get the PCM to add more fuel. Can be a bad thing if truck has been retuned to already richen the mixture at WOT.

Haven't heard this but would make since with GMs cause they're finkle anyway on some things.

OP
OP
brinkwolf

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I haven't had a drive-ability problem or any trouble codes. It seems to act just like the stock unit and not really sure if I lost money or not but seems to be working alright and feels like there may be some gain. That's all I can say for now on it cause it has only been a few days.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score

JET = Junk Every Time

I agree with Droid's assessment. These MAF's have never proven any benefit and have typically been unreliable at best.

The only way that you see useful gains with a MAF is by swapping to a larger diameter one. Even then, your engine has to have the increased airflow requirements to actually use it. The stock MAF is more than sufficient. Think of it this way... an engine is just an air pump. If the new MAF isn't any bigger, then it won't flow any better. Without more airflow, you can't add more fuel to increase power.

Do you have access to a dyno? I would love to be proven wrong with a before and after dyno comparison.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iceman knows what hes talking about... To increase hp rule is air in air out... more air in and out more hp gain... My exhaust is done next is to increase the mass air, TB size and injector size...