JDM vs Whipple vs Cobb vs Goosetuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The biggest benefit of going Goose is the tune is built for you. Different IC's, fuel variabilities across the country, and differences between trucks are just some of the reasons why a custom tune is preferable over a canned tune. I've done Stage 2 on 91 and 93 and just finished E50 with Winfield. Just from a safety and longevity perspective I would recommend going the pro-tuner route vs a canned tune.

Stage 2 allows the tuner to take advantage of the better charge air temps coming out of the upgraded IC which will allow the tuner to get more power before having to pull timing due to overheating.

Exactly! Winfield puts in the time to get these tunes spot on. If you're not happy, he isn't happy. Responds to emails sometimes within minutes. Best customer service out there.

I've been GooseTuned since my new '20 turned 1K miles. Only reason I waited was to get his Black Friday sale, LOL! You won't be disappointed.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This bird has been beat to the point of opinion. Read the 1000000000 posts about tuning a raptor. There is hours of reading. You listed the players now search and read.

JB4…. Yup just dropped piggyback science on you!!!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can NOT say a bad thing about anyones else's tune nor service as I have not used them. I did my research upfront and more importantly paid attention to the overwhelming number of satisfied customers that chose Goosetuned. It's been a while since I've seen any business work that hard, or be that accessible to their customers (promptly answering phone/emails during off work time etc). Especially AFTER they already have your money.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the off-road alliance tune? ORA550 or something? Supposedly the mapping is custom to your vehicle as well, also based on Cobb.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just type in Goosetuned in the search function and that should answer your question in about 60 seconds.

Winfield is beyond reproach. He has tuned everything in my truck, I now run straight e85. He has answered questions on holidays and just about any other time I needed some help. When my HPFP had issues it was Win who reached out on my behalf to the manufacturer.

You can go with whoever you want, but @GooseTuned is the bomb T I T T I E S.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize it wasn’t on your list, but I’ve had great experience with MPT and the 93 PRX tune. If you want something good and aggressive, but don’t want to pay for a GooseTune, it is a good option. It includes a trans tune as well.

All that said, I plan to go with GooseTuned once I swap manifolds and turbos. You can’t beat a true custom tune from a good tuner.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The biggest benefit of going Goose is the tune is built for you. Different IC's, fuel variabilities across the country, and differences between trucks are just some of the reasons why a custom tune is preferable over a canned tune. I've done Stage 2 on 91 and 93 and just finished E50 with Winfield. Just from a safety and longevity perspective I would recommend going the pro-tuner route vs a canned tune.

Stage 2 allows the tuner to take advantage of the better charge air temps coming out of the upgraded IC which will allow the tuner to get more power before having to pull timing due to overheating.
JDM also has a dyno and can write/ verify/ adjust for you.

ApacheAg

Reaction score
I went with a tune from Gearhead, truck is significantly more responsive, power gains are noticeable, and the transmission now no longer feels laggy or clunky.

I was local to them at the time I bought the tune and the guys at gearhead even offered to put new spark plugs in for me on the spot lol costumer service was top notch.

While from what I noticed and read is that this tune isn’t as aggressive as some of the others on the market. But It feels nice knowing that I probably won’t blow my engine or turbos up using this tune.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running a JDM Tune in my '19 for about 13 months and 20,000 miles. Absolutely satisfied with both ECM and Trans Tune. Customer service has been excellent. Spoke with them before I got the tune (Jim III) and had several conversations afterward as I was new to the Tune World. Truck is definitely more responsive, Trans shifts more firmly and confidently without being too harsh and hunting for gears. As ApacheAg mentioned about his tune, mine is not extremely aggressive and I'm not worried about blowing an engine or the turbos. I'm a little older owner and am definitely satisfied with my tune.