JDM vs Whipple vs Cobb vs Goosetuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

purenv

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the off-road alliance tune? ORA550 or something? Supposedly the mapping is custom to your vehicle as well, also based on Cobb.
I have the stage 2 ORA550 tune for my 2018 Raptor. It has made a big difference to the drivability of the truck. Smoother shifts in normal mode and more aggressive shifts in sport mode. It really woke up the truck with the supporting mods. It will also get rid of the “auto stop”!!!!!

The ORA550 tune is a safe tune for those of us that daily drive our trucks and want a tune that can adapt to different fuels and environments for a modest cost. It includes the trans tune as well. It may not squeeze every bit of razors edge in performance but the trade off is adaptability. You can run 87-96 octane and it automatically adjusts to the fuel. I don’t believe e85 is supported.

Goosetune will squeeze out every bit of power but for each fuel types/octane. Each tune cost more $. Trans tune extra $. But will get every last bit of performance out of the truck. These tunes are more laser focused thus why they can squeeze more power out of the truck.

Hope this helps!

K-Doob

Reaction score
I ran Cobb OTS Stage 2 & TCM tune, both are excellent and I've had no issues. But I've heard great things about Goose. Just make sure to change your spark plugs more often and try to find colder plugs.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks man!

Plugs are maintenance items and a good idea to do with or without tuning. More important though if you get tuned

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is no one concerned about warranty? I have spent money on an ESP but also want a tune…

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is no one concerned about warranty? I have spent money on an ESP but also want a tune…
I've said this on just about every "tune thread" there is. It's all on the type of dealer you have, and your relationship with them. Some dealers don't care, some won't touch a tuned truck.

ApacheAg

Reaction score
It’s the risk of it, but just like Hollywood said it’s all dealer dependent. Just take it to the next one and flat out call them before you go. Or load the stock tune and play dumb.

I tuned mine and after driving home 10 hours I realized I had a small oil leak from my valve cover. Must have been there before and only noticed due to the fact I wanted to change those spark plugs out.

The dealer response in El Paso, “Ain’t a single raptor we ever see here is stock, bring it in” lol

Raptor28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m mid process tuning with goosetune and yes it’s different and takes a little longer than going to a shop with a dyno but it’s been nothing but a pleasure dealing with him. The day I purchased it he had a base tune sent over that night, I loaded it up 4 days after and we’ve been going back and forth for 2 days now with him adjusting everything to my truck. He breaks everything down step by step in the initial email and has literally answered every question I have had. I couldn’t be happier with the customer service and the tunes.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’m mid process tuning with goosetune and yes it’s different and takes a little longer than going to a shop with a dyno but it’s been nothing but a pleasure dealing with him. The day I purchased it he had a base tune sent over that night, I loaded it up 4 days after and we’ve been going back and forth for 2 days now with him adjusting everything to my truck. He breaks everything down step by step in the initial email and has literally answered every question I have had. I couldn’t be happier with the customer service and the tunes.
Thank you man, I appreciate it!