GEN 2 JDM Engineering Stage 1 Ecoboost Upgrade Kit Sale!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RAPTOR SALE no logo.jpg

We at JDM Engineering are running a sale on our stage 1 upgrade kit for Gen 2 Trucks!

These Kits include:
Whipple Cold Air Kit
Whipple Megacooler
SP-550 Plugs
SCT X4 with a Custom Tune for your Raptor

Normally we retail these kits for 1999.99
Until Labor Day, these kits will be marked down to 1799.99

Click here to be sent to our site and view the product page or checkout!

If you haven't already seen threads posted about our JDM Engineering custom tune, below are some links to see impressions from customers and our tune giveaway winner!

Click here to see our official tune thread with dyno results!!!

Click here to see our giveaway winners thread with both his feedback and customers feedback

Below are a few videos of customer's trucks in action on the dyno, as well as a local customer's truck post Stage 1 Upgrade Kit with a Turbosmart BOV as well!

Have any questions?
Feel free to post here or P.M. me and I will reply as soon as I get a chance!

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t get adding an intake that pulls from the hot engine bay? Wouldn’t it be better to pull air from the front like stock air intake?

OP
OP
New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple changed the design on their air kits based on model year due to carb approval being seeked.
We've installed both in house without issue, across all years so far.
The open air box has rubber weatherstripping if you look closely, and seals to the hood once it is shut.

Every air kit I have dealt with in some form raises the filter element higher to allow for a larger opening with a less abrupt turn upon entry in the hunt for less restriction.

Last edited:

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We've installed both in house without issue, across all years so far.
The open air box has rubber weatherstripping if you look closely, and seals to the hood once it is shut.

I've heard a couple of people say the Whipple's change the intake noise, is it a turbo whistle? Intake drone? How does it compare to others sound wise?

OP
OP
New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard a couple of people say the Whipple's change the intake noise, is it a turbo whistle? Intake drone? How does it compare to others sound wise?

There is a small bit of intake noise increase and a tad bit more of turbo noise.
It is enough for you to know a change was made, but it is barely noticeable once up to speed.
Other things on the truck will start making noise and drown it out.
Once you were to get everything on the truck, you could perhaps forscan the artificial sound out if you truly wanted to hear the air kit and turbos.
Most Ive heard or seen sound somewhat comparable.
I haven't heard any that sound extreme or crazy loud, that would alarm me if anything.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It definitely doesnt drone. i don't feel like I notice any difference in intake noise. Maybe more turbo whistle? But I have an AFE intake.