GEN 2 JDM Engineering NEW Tune on the market!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike cip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get wrench error and etc after moving to a JDM tune?

I would constantly get the wrench error on a weekly basis.

I have moved back to 5 star, having seen a few of my cel codes since as JDM works it out.

Wrench light hasn’t appeared in a week now on 5 star.

Just curious other experiences

Not my 2019. I’m stock except for the tune. What code?

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s distressing to hear about JDMS tune. I’ve ran 5stars tune 1,500 miles and no wrench!

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have moved back to 5 star, having seen a few of my cel codes since as JDM works it out.

What are your other mods? I had a few lights, but I have an AFE intake, and it turned out that the little tube with the 45 degree cut had spun around, the a

Do you have any other mods?

Sparty94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the tune on a 2019 at 4200 miles, with plugs, 2 weeks/ 600 miles ago with no issues. I plan on adding the whipper CAI and IC next week when they arrive. I am very please with the JDME tune.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the tune on a 2019 at 4200 miles, with plugs, 2 weeks/ 600 miles ago with no issues. I plan on adding the whipper CAI and IC next week when they arrive. I am very please with the JDME tune.

Im installing my whipple IC tonight!!!

Sparty94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please post your thoughts or any tips about the install of the IC when finished. I watched a YouTube video on a Mishimoto IC that made it look easy after removing the skid plate and radiator trim piece.

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Working on a revision for your vehicle. If you don't mind shooting a call over I have a few things to nail down for us to send out a new tune. Can probably get something out today.

The wrench pertains to the active shutters being altered from installing the mountune inter cooler.

The other code is related to the learning process of the truck and can appear after a tune but will eventually go away, it is normal.

Let me know how I can help! :)

Last edited:

Sparty94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re correct the included installation instructions from Whipple for the IC are easy to follow. I finally have my complete stage 1 kit installed. The performance gains are outstanding.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re correct the included installation instructions from Whipple for the IC are easy to follow. I finally have my complete stage 1 kit installed. The performance gains are outstanding.

Glad you got it in and had no trouble! I know I should have followed the instructions better!