JAKE-SIDEWINDER in the VOF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t want to go “All Green Peace” on you, but I’m in their house, if I can avoid killing them I always do. I didn’t get any pictures of my X-Friend Mark running because after I got Jakes pictures, it was my turn to run…:grd:
Great pics as usual. I feel the same way when I run across snakes here when I'm up on the mountain. Anything on my property that's poisonous is dead. If I can leave them be when hiking, I will.

MPRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics as usual. You’re gonna have to add some snake handling gear (gaiters, hooked aluminum 6 - 8 ft pole, another pole with forked end to pin their heads and a big thick canvas bag to put Jake and his buddies in) to ur recovery gear list, lol. I think u can probably find someplace in Oklahoma that sells all the stuff, particularly if u look during their annual snake catching rodeo. (Life is very boring in Okla, lol). Keep the pics coming, and stop pissing off Jake……..

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
That is an awesome rock formation. looks like a petrified tree in full bloom.
I thought that as well! I was walking, turned and saw it and thought, That is AMAZING! The clouds really made the images pop.
if you ever get to Vegas put VOF on your Must-See list. I’ve been going there for over 30 years, probably have 10k images from there. Every time I go, I say to myself, “John, (that’s my name), only capture a few spectacular images this time” and like the other day, I took another 500 shots :banghead::artist1:

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
You should print them all in black and white and sell them at the local craft fairs. You could be the next Ansel Adams. Would pay for the fuel bills.
I sold some a while back. A gift shop outside Sequoia NP was selling them. To much hassle for me. Hardly anyone appreciates the Art involved in capturing quality images, they all want selfies with their tongue hanging out, flashing gang signs…lol
I would rather spend my time taking them and have someone else do the business end. I have a couple friends that are Pro’s. It’s exhausting and I would have to upgrade my equipment = Less Raptor money or just fuel now :(