Jacking setup for offroad/changing a tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend had a similar setup in the back of his modified Toyota. He went out to dinner with his wife and when he came back his tires, jack, gas and water cans were gone. No locking devises. The low lifes cut the tire straps to save time.
For a 100% pre-runner no problem but for a dual purpose vehicle, I wouldn't recommend it.
Free advise is worth what ya pay for it.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My friend had a similar setup in the back of his modified Toyota. He went out to dinner with his wife and when he came back his tires, jack, gas and water cans were gone. No locking devises. The low lifes cut the tire straps to save time.
For a 100% pre-runner no problem but for a dual purpose vehicle, I wouldn't recommend it.
Free advise is worth what ya pay for it.

Yes, and the other thing is that I still use the bed to haul stuff. Pulling all of that out every time I need to haul a sheet of plywood isn't my idea of fun. I ended up just picking up a Hi-Lift jack with the off-road pad and wheel lift strap. I figure I'll be able to either pick the truck up from the tube bumpers, the rock sliders, or the wheel for whatever I need to do. The spare I keep in the garage unless I'm heading out of town. There's a 99.9% I'll never need it unless I'm out wheeling.