Jack Stands - safe way to jack the beast up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edubpdx

Reaction score
I read through half of this thread and stopped. Buy a Pro Eagle Beast or Kratos jack for this truck and be done with it. Night and day quality difference and performance compared to the Harbor Freight jack that everyone keeps mentioning. The bigger the tonnage in a jack stand the better as you will have more height flexibility.
Would you suggest a 2ton or 3 Ton pro eagle? I like them because you are able to use them on uneven and Sandy ground, but not sure if the 3 ton will jack higher than the 2ton. I have a 2020 raptor, stock suspension, don’t plan on lifting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 17706

Would you suggest a 2ton or 3 Ton pro eagle? I like them because you are able to use them on uneven and Sandy ground, but not sure if the 3 ton will jack higher than the 2ton. I have a 2020 raptor, stock suspension, don’t plan on lifting it.

I went with a 3 ton. Yea, it is overkill, but it is worth the money. It is one of the best $500+ that I have ever spent for a vehicle. And as you pointed out, you can use it anywhere (side of the road, beach, and so on). @Rick@FreedomMotorsports is who I bought mine from. Hit him up. He always takes excellent care of his customers and normally always has great pricing.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always feel like it is easier/ safer lifting on the suspension, rather than the frame.

Lifting on the frame, especially on a long travel, large sag rig like the raptor requires too much lift, as many are seeing here.

I use my floor jack on the rear diff, put stands on each side with the tires just off the ground, and then take the floor jack and jack on one front A-arm at a time. I remove and install the tires on that front corner before moving to the remaining front corner.

It seems much safer not lifting so high. It takes hardly any jacking just taking the tire off the ground when not fighting the sag.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read through half of this thread and stopped. Buy a Pro Eagle Beast or Kratos jack for this truck and be done with it. Night and day quality difference and performance compared to the Harbor Freight jack that everyone keeps mentioning. The bigger the tonnage in a jack stand the better as you will have more height flexibility.
I really like the Pro Eagle... it’s a great jack. However, my truck is a pavement queen so I don’t need a four wheel drive jack. LOL And while I understand I purchased a $75k truck, I couldn’t justify spending more than double the amount compared to the HF long reach jack - just didn’t make financial sense for me. But don’t get me wrong, the Pro Eagle is bad ass!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always feel like it is easier/ safer lifting on the suspension, rather than the frame.

Lifting on the frame, especially on a long travel, large sag rig like the raptor requires too much lift, as many are seeing here.

I use my floor jack on the rear diff, put stands on each side with the tires just off the ground, and then take the floor jack and jack on one front A-arm at a time. I remove and install the tires on that front corner before moving to the remaining front corner.

It seems much safer not lifting so high. It takes hardly any jacking just taking the tire off the ground when not fighting the sag.
To each his own but I can get the whole side off the ground and rotate front to back in one go. The jack has plenty of lift with the extension.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys getting the truck high enough off the ground to take off the wheels from the frame? My 3 ton floor jack doesn’t lift it high enough. 19ea7cca65a143a3f63a7db4ee9e9213.jpg

Buy a long reach jack. You may want to go back and read this thread... it's all about how a standard jack (and jack stands), like the one in your picture, can't properly lift the Raptor.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a long reach jack. You may want to go back and read this thread... it's all about how a standard jack (and jack stands), like the one in your picture, can't properly lift the Raptor.
Yeah that’s on me. I did read the entire thread I just didn’t quite understand it that’s why I posted the question.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s on me. I did read the entire thread I just didn’t quite understand it that’s why I posted the question.

Gotcha. Yeah, it basically came down to two jacks that are capable of getting the Raptor off the floor without the use of pucks - the Pro Eagle (28” lift) and the HF Long Reach (24” lift) jack.

RW17FX4

Reaction score
i had my local lumbar yard cut me a bunch of 6x6x10” blocks for like 30 bucks. the blocks are perfect for raising the truck (35’s, level). also they are nice so that jackstands don’t need to be fully raised, meaning you can set a fully retracted jackstand on top of two blocks versus having the stand ratcheted up to it’s max. just an idea