Jack Stands - safe way to jack the beast up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RW17FX4

Reaction score
Harbor Freight's Daytona 3 ton floor jack is basically the same as the Snap On and has 23-24 inches of lift.

there was a huge thread over on “garage journal.com” about this a few years back

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, just picked one up. And I lol'd at the 6.99 shipping, mail dude gonna cuss me out for that one!!!
After waiting over 3 weeks, I finally received my jack on Friday. And that poor, poor FedEx guy... I’m pretty sure he was cursing me. Hell, I was cursing after he placed it on my front porch... they usually put heavy items in front of my garage. That’s ok... I was cursing the FedEx guy as I carried the jack to the garage. Wow this thing is heavy!!!

This jack is AWESOME and I wish I had purchased it a long time ago.

80BD3811-ECB8-4C6E-8E0C-F595364D9DB4.jpeg

275CB086-369D-49C1-B39A-E3F5444EBEB4.jpeg

EB2C551A-6D97-4241-8200-6A54B559343A.jpeg

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That should do it! Now give it a dedicated parking spot in the garage so you don't have to pick it up again. haha. I have bright yellow one and love it.

edubpdx

Reaction score
Why does anyone need a 12 ton jack? A raptor emways under 6 thousand pounds, that’s 3 tons. It seems like all you would need are 3 ton jacks. Even that would be excessive, right? If the jack stands are in the front, there only supporting the front half, and that’s less then 2 tons. Am I wrong? I’m not a mechanic or anything, but that was my logic when I purchased 3 ton jack stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't require a 12 ton jack. The jack in the last pics (and most others in this thread) is actually a 3 ton jack but it has a relatively high lift capability. That comes in very handy on the front if you lift under the frame so you don't need blocks. Down side is they tend to be larger and heavier than the shorter lift jacks.

If you are talking about the jack stands when you say 12 ton, it's also more about the height they will accommodate than the load capacity. I have both 3 ton and 6 ton stands. I use the 3 ton in the rear and 6 ton in the front. The 3 ton that I have are too short to support under frame and clear the tires for removal, and I prefer not to use blocks.

edubpdx

Reaction score
You don't require a 12 ton jack. The jack in the last pics (and most others in this thread) is actually a 3 ton jack but it has a relatively high lift capability. That comes in very handy on the front if you lift under the frame so you don't need blocks. Down side is they tend to be larger and heavier than the shorter lift jacks.

If you are talking about the jack stands when you say 12 ton, it's also more about the height they will accommodate than the load capacity. I have both 3 ton and 6 ton stands. I use the 3 ton in the rear and 6 ton in the front. The 3 ton that I have are too short to support under frame and clear the tires for removal, and I prefer not to use blocks.
Oh....thanks! Now it makes sense. Like I said I’m in no means a mechanic, but I’ve. Reb toying with the idea of painting my brake calipers, so I’m kinda doing some research. Thanks again!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why does anyone need a 12 ton jack? A raptor emways under 6 thousand pounds, that’s 3 tons. It seems like all you would need are 3 ton jacks. Even that would be excessive, right? If the jack stands are in the front, there only supporting the front half, and that’s less then 2 tons. Am I wrong? I’m not a mechanic or anything, but that was my logic when I purchased 3 ton jack stands

You are correct - at no time are you ever jacking up the entire 5600 lbs of the truck. I have a Pro Eagle 2 ton and I can jackup each side and get the front and rear wheel off the ground - so to get 4 jackstands under the truck I just jack up each side once. Easy peasy.

D

Deleted member 17706

I read through half of this thread and stopped. Buy a Pro Eagle Beast or Kratos jack for this truck and be done with it. Night and day quality difference and performance compared to the Harbor Freight jack that everyone keeps mentioning. The bigger the tonnage in a jack stand the better as you will have more height flexibility.