Jack Extension for Harbor Frieght Jacks

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Thought I would start a thread on my experience with jack extensions. I have the HF 2 ton aluminum racing jack mainly due to the bed cage rack that I purchased. It came designed for this jack and included a skid plate for it. Since then I also have purchased a HF 3 ton Heavy Duty jack for garage use. There are times the way the jacks comes will work just fine and other times where you need to lift your raptor higher. I have stock wheels and tires (35") and there has been times on the trail, where you just need to get the truck up higher. This is especially true with bigger tires (37").

I carry an assortment of wood in the bed that I can secure within my bed cage and under the spare tire. It has come in handy but jiggy rigging is not the safest way to jack up these heavy trucks.

I started looking into Jack extensions about a year ago and purchased the C4Fabwork mount.

6" Jack Spacer

With this item, you have to remove the existing HF pad to replace with the C4 mount. I had to run to Lowes to get an hex extension (part number is Kobalt 338173 H10) along with another extension that I already had. The reason is you remove the existing screw on the pad and re-use it for this mount. You have to drop it down into the mount and position it so you can screw it in. Takes a few tries for me. This becomes an issue, sometimes you can't use the extension if you are in sand or soft dirt and you are down lower than being on solid ground. I would carry the original HF pad in my tool bag and switch things out if needed. Kinda a pain on a trail since there is 4 other hex screws you also have to remove. When all done, putting it all back to together. Even though this works, there has to be a better way but was content with how it was.

Seen some folks talk about the Pro Eagle extensions but could never get a good consensus if it would work on the HF jacks. It works with the jacks they sell but I already purchased mine.

So I order the 8" extension to try out.

Off Road Jack extension – Pro-Eagle Products

This one is designed to use the existing jack pad without have to remove it. You just remove the rubber pad and this one sits inside it and it turns to lock in place under the lips that hold the rubber pad on it. The lips on mine were smashed due to using it. I had to take a screwdriver to bend them back up and a few edges broke away. So this one is designed so much better. Now I can have the best of both worlds, the standard pad and a quick way to add an extension that is adjustable also unlike the C4Fab.

Both companies customer service was great to deal with. I had an issue with C4 sending me the wrong size and they resent the correct one. Todd which I believe is the owner took care of me. When I ordered the Pro Eagle, I really ordered it for my 3 ton but it didn't fit. I called and spoke with Chuck and he explained that I need to also get their jack lift pad so it can lock into. The description shows that it comes with that but he is going to change the wording to make it more clear. I was so impressed with Chuck that I ordered the 13" extension, a jack lift pad and the mount. My idea is to see if the jack lift pad will fit on the 3 ton jack then I can use both extensions on either jack plus I could carry both extensions with me when off-roading if I desire but will most likely take the 8" with me. On the extension mount it looks like I will need to drill a hole in the side to mount this with the jack itself. Please note that Chuck did say that sometimes the Harbor Freight jack pad might not fit as simple as twisting it on like I was able to do on mine. He said HF pads are not consistent in design over the years but his lift pad will solve that if you run into that issue.

I just ordered the extra items and will post back when everything arrives and show how I made it work with more pictures. In the meantime, I moved the C4 mount over to the 3 ton jack, it does work on that mount without any additional changes.

3d112382037be864a9bf4ffef2183732.jpg

fdb8aed141673e44490a2f3ec2d63400.jpg

98d029e0df8292cecddf5cd17056bc83.jpg

@Chris's FX4

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks Rick. Looks like I'll be ordering the jack pad and the extension from Pro Eagle.

Well, I am not 100% sure if it will work. If you have time to wait, will be posting back how things worked out. Chuck was soo cool, that he is going to send me an extra jack lift pad and rubber pad at no charge as he agreed, it wasn't clear in the description. I told him, I will pay for it and he didn't have to do that. He insisted and said it was no issue, even though I told him 3 times not to do that. Guess he will throw it in the box that I just ordered.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
was just thinking about this extension. i have 2 3 ton jacks in the garage and 1 2 ton that will be in the truck when my mount comes in. was changing out the 35s for 37s this weekend and the jacks felt strained even with the 2 wood blocks.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I almost ordered one to see if it worked. Thanks for sharing the info.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I am not 100% sure if it will work. If you have time to wait, will be posting back how things worked out. Chuck was soo cool, that he is going to send me an extra jack lift pad and rubber pad at no charge as he agreed, it wasn't clear in the description. I told him, I will pay for it and he didn't have to do that. He insisted and said it was no issue, even though I told him 3 times not to do that. Guess he will throw it in the box that I just ordered.

looks like a great solution, would like to see detailed pics, still not sure how it connects

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chuck at pro eagle threw in my new extension base for free ($20) due to a shipping delay, and it works like a charm (had to replace the base to work with my 3 ton Hf jack) I lifted the rear of the truck from the hitch receiver and was able to fully droop the shocks and lift both tires with the extension on its max height.

I now use my wood blocks for chocks instead of jack extensions,

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn't there a third company that makes a harbor freight jack extension? It's like dirtboys or dirt worx or something like that. Seen it on here.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Isn't there a third company that makes a harbor freight jack extension? It's like dirtboys or dirt worx or something like that. Seen it on here.

Provide a link buddy

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

looks like a great solution, would like to see detailed pics, still not sure how it connects

Here are some close up pics. If you look at your HF jack pad, take the rubber insert out and you will see four lips that hold it. The jack extension is beveled to fit perfectly in there and also has opposite lips so if you turn it a quarter turn, it locks in place under the lips on the pad.

ad04d9e3de19552a90b2480fb2320f07.jpg

94aae64c7b794e4d0497897ee3d88be4.jpg

c54328934d78aa95dbb70689d7244d02.jpg