IWE WTF FYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is this IWE thing still a problem??? I bought a 2020 802a in august drive it 5 miles and the “grinding” was horrendous. $73K truck and has to immediately go in the shop for a repair that seems everybody knows about

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How is this IWE thing still a problem??? I bought a 2020 802a in august drive it 5 miles and the “grinding” was horrendous. $73K truck and has to immediately go in the shop for a repair that seems everybody knows about
For the record, it's not everybody, just the ones that have the problem complain. I've had mine for 11 years and never had a problem with the iwe's. It still seems like a problem idea though, looks like the gen 3's have been modified a bit.

OP
OP
JefferyGT

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into this a bit further... And definitely relates to my recent experience. The IWE failures seem to occur more often during cold temperature. Mine started acting up below freezing.