IWE vacuum system upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the grinding effect due to the vacuum leak. I replaced the front hubs and vacuum check valve with the solenoid since I have 170,000 miles on the truck. Come to find out I still had a grinding sound...I figured it out to be the vacuum reservoir. Capping off the hose going to the reservoir solved the problem. Should have just done that first :emotions122:
So you capped off the vacuum reservoir so the hubs are engaged full time?

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I fought this for a while on my Gen1 , it would hold vacuum in driveway all day long , at certain speeds 45 ish and 75 , it would lose vacuum and grind or i would get loud pops sometimes when i did want to use 4wd , replaced hose's , iwe , solenoid . Finally gave in did full RCV axles and Eliminators . Never looked back.

DS550

Reaction score
So you capped off the vacuum reservoir so the hubs are engaged full time?
I capped the tube going into the reservoir and the hubs are not engaged. Small hose (red circle) going into the vacuum reservoir is plugged. I probably won't be able to engage 4x4 right now since the check valve is holding the vacuum unless the solenoid releases the vacuum. Reservoir was ordered from Ford and I will have it Monday.

Attachments

• iwe hoses.jpg
    iwe hoses.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IWE System.jpg
    IWE System.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 19