IWE vacuum system upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is my problem it was so long I can't remember who started the post or if it was about filters lol I know it was about a noise. I was going to say your locker is probably not disingaging.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So did you guys ever sort this out? Curious as to where you ran the tube/filter to if that is the case.

Im thinking if you guys sort this out i may need to follow suit given the last few trips wheeling i have done (driving down creeks, mud holes, etc). Better safe, then bitching about having to do an IWE fix.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of running the line into the cab. A few plastic fittings and some soft vacuum line and you could get it in the cab with no problem.
The cab should be adequate for clean air. if you prefer to put a filter on it you can go to any motorcycle shop and they have small fuel filters that go inline that look like the ones at the beginning of the thread. They only run a couple bucks. of course you could just put a little foam on the end as well to stop any moisture or dirt.

Where the vent is located now only asks for problems. The 2 chamber hose out of the IWE is misleading. The big one is the vacuum and the small one is the venting and it terminates just in front of the shock tower and the vacuum hose continues to the rest of the system.

This should have bumped this also.

By the way does anyone have a complete schematic of the IWE they can share?

Mil T

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of running the line into the cab. A few plastic fittings and some soft vacuum line and you could get it in the cab with no problem.
The cab should be adequate for clean air. if you prefer to put a filter on it you can go to any motorcycle shop and they have small fuel filters that go inline that look like the ones at the beginning of the thread. They only run a couple bucks. of course you could just put a little foam on the end as well to stop any moisture or dirt.

Where the vent is located now only asks for problems. The 2 chamber hose out of the IWE is misleading. The big one is the vacuum and the small one is the venting and it terminates just in front of the shock tower and the vacuum hose continues to the rest of the system.

This should have bumped this also.

By the way does anyone have a complete schematic of the IWE they can share?

Mil T

I think Greg (squattingdog) has one.

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would skip running them into the cab and run they into the airbox. That is where I have run my vent tubes on other vehicles to keep them clean, high, and dry. Should be closer and easier to do

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a company that sells a kit for this? Thoughts on this one?

https://forged-offroad.com/product/...we-replacement-forged-offroad/?v=f24485ae434a
I just installed these last week. Its a nicer altetnative to stock but unsure if its worth the price difference (mostly because stock is significantly cheaper). The lines are probably better quality than stock but the vent tube design could probably be improved. You could probably fix this with some extra vacuum line and line couplers if you're up for it.

DS550

Reaction score
I had the grinding effect due to the vacuum leak. I replaced the front hubs and vacuum check valve with the solenoid since I have 170,000 miles on the truck. Come to find out I still had a grinding sound...I figured it out to be the vacuum reservoir. Capping off the hose going to the reservoir solved the problem. Should have just done that first :emotions122: