IWE vacuum supply explaination

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wrong about no dirt at the check valve. I happen to look closely at one of my old check valves today and it had dirt in it. Cut it open and it had quite a bit of dirt in it. Probably why it wasn't working properly.

That'll do it. Now to find where the dirt is getting in!

OP
OP
fordfreek

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully they find where the dirt is getting in before installing all new lines. I was a little surprised how simple the check valve is inside. More durable looking than I expected too.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, for the hi-jack, but I saw were you mentioned your brake pedal is very stiff on startup. My truck just started this. I searched forum for an idea why, didn't find anything. Any idea what is causing this and if this is in need of a fix?

OP
OP
fordfreek

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't pursued that problem much other than I was hoping it was tied in with my iwe problem (same component causing both problems). My brakes haven't been affected by it in any way, so I wasn't too concerned about it. If it gets worse I'll have it looked at. Cooler weather now causes me to remote start the truck now , so I don't notice it anymore, lol. Could possibly be a bad check valve or brake booster. Takes several hours to bleed off all the vacuum.

OP
OP
fordfreek

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the dealership worked on my truck today. They replaced all the vacuum lines to the iwe's and both iwe's. They told me the right side iwe was full of dirt and that's where all the dirt came from. I guess time will tell.

OP
OP
fordfreek

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my problem is back. I'm at 45k miles now. Is this normal for this system to fail so frequently ? Anyway, I disconnected the solenoid electrically and I think I'm just going to leave it this way forever now and let everything turn all the time. I'm over it.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my problem is back. I'm at 45k miles now. Is this normal for this system to fail so frequently ? Anyway, I disconnected the solenoid electrically and I think I'm just going to leave it this way forever now and let everything turn all the time. I'm over it.
Did you find anything out? I just started experiencing something like this today my truck has bo brake vacuum in the morning on first start.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, for the hi-jack, but I saw were you mentioned your brake pedal is very stiff on startup. My truck just started this. I searched forum for an idea why, didn't find anything. Any idea what is causing this and if this is in need of a fix?
Did you find anything out?

OP
OP
fordfreek

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you find anything out? I just started experiencing something like this today my truck has bo brake vacuum in the morning on first start.
It's going in on the 30th of this month to be looked at. I think I'm gonna need a pair of uca's also. I can feel some play.