IWE Check Valve..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgcole44

Reaction score
I was/am having the rattle/grind while driving. I found the problem and fix here, of course and then replaced the part. I noticed while replacing it that my valve piece doesn’t connect to the hose like all of the others in the videos on YouTube. Anyone else see this? Is it normal? Pics for reference, mine and the YouTube video screenshot:

Attachments

• CB18BC91-13D5-446E-A136-0E271361937D.jpeg
    CB18BC91-13D5-446E-A136-0E271361937D.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 255
  • BE186424-F1DD-4DA9-889C-2F4ED2FBF8E6.png
    BE186424-F1DD-4DA9-889C-2F4ED2FBF8E6.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 249

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you buy your truck used?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SO, somebody removed the hose to the valve? Guess they were trying to engage the iwe's full time to stop the noise.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great.. now I need to get a new hose and become a YouTube mechanic again?
How long have you had the truck? When did you start hearing the noise? There are lots of smart guys/gals here to help you with the problem. If you have grinding noise it could be a couple of things: leak in the vacuum lines, the valve which you purchased, iwe's are toast, the nut on the axle behind the hub cap is loose, or it could be a wheel bearing. I might of missed something too. These are the common ones. It's not "sell your truck" problems, just saying, don't panic :)

OP
OP
sgcole44

sgcole44

Reaction score
SO, somebody removed the hose to the valve? Guess they were trying to engage the iwe's full time to stop the noise.
Great.. now I need to get a new hose and become a YouTube mechanic
How long have you had the truck? When did you start hearing the noise? There are lots of smart guys/gals here to help you with the problem. If you have grinding noise it could be a couple of things: leak in the vacuum lines, the valve which you purchased, iwe's are toast, the nut on the axle behind the hub cap is loose, or it could be a wheel bearing. I might of missed something too. These are the common ones. It's not "sell your truck" problems, just saying, don't panic :)
agreed, I figured out that I needed to replace the iwe valve from this site and actually found a link here to a video that showed me how.. it wasn’t until pausing it that I saw I didn’t have a line connecting to the valve. I have had the truck a week now. The sound is pretty much non existent in 4A.

OP
OP
sgcole44

sgcole44

Reaction score
Not to be funny, but sure you don't have the other end of that hose hanging somewhere underneath there? Can't see your pics on my end so not sure what you are showing.
I’m looking as we speak. It definitely was not attached when I replaced the factory valve. The valve had a cap on it. Can you send a pic of your line and where it’s routed from?

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgcole44

sgcole44

Reaction score
Not to be funny, but sure you don't have the other end of that hose hanging somewhere underneath there? Can't see your pics on my end so not sure what you are showing.

Attachments

• 79997B93-D707-4D1D-9ED1-B8771A3FAF8C.jpeg
    79997B93-D707-4D1D-9ED1-B8771A3FAF8C.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 103