It's been a while...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbleak21

Reaction score
TLDR: As a Daily Driver, the Raptor definitely takes the cake.

I've got a 2019 F250 Powerstroke with the tire/suspension setup equal to the modern Tremor.
A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a '22 Raptor intending to sell the F250.

Love the Raptor, but I MAY end up keeping both.

Pro's to Raptor:
-Sounds Great
-Scoots Great (Not as much torque as the 6.7, but far more responsive when pressing the skinny peddle)
-Handles Great (F250 is no slouch, being a modern 3/4ton truck... but the raptor is miles ahead in the handling department)
-Better Cruising/long distance Comfort (I am constantly impressed with how smooth of a ride the raptor is, even compared to other vehicles I've had with Air suspension)
-Turns Heads (this can be a pro or con... Lots more ppl oogle over the Raptor as compared with a SuperDuty)

Negatives compared to F250:
-Tow capacity (8200lb, greatly limits opportunities for future purchases such as a toy hauler/camper)
-Cargo Capacity (1400lb, means that I will have to give up my FWC slide in Camper if I go with Raptor Solo)
-Engine Dependability (this Gen3 engine w/ new phasors is supposed to be better than the older version, but only time will tell. The 7.3 in your KR is showing to be pretty bulletproof... I'd rather that engine in the Raptor than the 3.5L powerboost.)

All else equal, if I had to pick one, I'd pick the Raptor because the negatives (aside from engine dependability) aren't nearly as significant use cases compared to the frequency of use cases associated with the pros.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would add to the Pros the Raptor is an absolute Beast when you go off-road. Gen2 was the same way ,Its a different truck when you push it hard and it can take it. It keeps getting better too the faster you go the s moother it gets and you will never feel out of control . This is what seperates it from other factory off-roaders but most people will never know. Now It does have its limits which i did find down in Baja when the woops just got too big but you would be surprised how much it can handle.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I think this community has it down right...pick what works for your family. You won't find that kind of honesty in any other forum- they will most likely just push the brand. Thats what I love about this place! I will say, one last plus --- when I see a 250/350 thats modded up or looks good; I acknowledge it...but when you see a Raptor..it just hits different. :D

Best of luck friend!

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amen!
I searched for my “2018 Leadfoot Grey 802A” for 6 months during the lockdown and gave up getting them bought out from under me. Unbeknownst to me my esposa loco literally bought one used over a zoom call from a very rural dealership several hours away. While in our “garage Covid gym” one morning a Leadfoot Grey Dinosaur came slowly down our long rural driveway as my wife whispered happy anniversary

I’ve driven a lot of vehicles in my long, blessed albeit dangerous life but nothing comes even reasonably close. When your wife says we could just have one vehicle, THE Raptor, you know you found your last vehicle.Once you have a Raptor, all others pale in comparison.
Sell Tremor, buy Raptor or as mentioned…sell her car and keep both!
Regardless the three rules of marriage apply:
1. Keep mama happy
2. Keep mama happy
3. Keep mama happy!!

V/R
Smokey

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amen!
I searched for my “2018 Leadfoot Grey 802A” for 6 months during the lockdown and gave up getting them bought out from under me. Unbeknownst to me my esposa loco literally bought one used over a zoom call from a very rural dealership several hours away. While in our “garage Covid gym” one morning a Leadfoot Grey Dinosaur came slowly down our long rural driveway as my wife whispered happy anniversary

I’ve driven a lot of vehicles in my long, blessed albeit dangerous life but nothing comes even reasonably close. When your wife says we could just have one vehicle, THE Raptor, you know you found your last vehicle.Once you have a Raptor, all others pale in comparison.
Sell Tremor, buy Raptor or as mentioned…sell her car and keep both!
Regardless the three rules of marriage apply:
1. Keep mama happy
2. Keep mama happy
3. Keep mama happy!!

V/R
Smokey
HELL, she didn’t like his first Raptor; do you think a second Raptor will fair any better? However, she LOVES the KR Tremor. Lastly, he stated he doesn’t NEED the Raptor + he has an excellent rate now on the KR T. Which of those parts did you miss?

Keeping the KR Tremor will “Keep mama happy”.

Your surprise anniversary gift from your Mrs. was excellent btw…she’s a keeper! ;)