It's ALIVE, I tell ya.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I did a search but didn't find this exact topic. Not saying it's not there, but time is money and I'm so old I ain't got a lot of either.

How the heck does the Raptor know there is a ball mount in the receiver? I'm talking when not towing, with no trailer of any kind attached, how do the darn miles add up on the towing portion of the dashboard?

It's a d a m n hole for christ sake.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I did a search but didn't find this exact topic. Not saying it's not there, but time is money and I'm so old I ain't got a lot of either.

How the heck does the Raptor know there is a ball mount in the receiver? I'm talking when not towing, with no trailer of any kind attached, how do the darn miles add up on the towing portion of the dashboard?

It's a d a m n hole for christ sake.
I'm pretty sure that when the ball mount is pushed fully into the receiver, that the ball mount bumps up against the Raptor's prostate module (PM), thus the truck is then very aware that something is in there. At least that's what I read on the interwebs. :pimp:

Last edited:
OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think but could be wrong but it’s when the trailer wires are plugged into the truck.
Nope. On the tow info page on dash, my tow miles climb and climb with just the ball in hitch. I’m thinking it can affect resale if someone thinks you towed thousands of miles. I figure I’ve towed a thousand miles. It shows 5500. When I remove the ball it stops counting.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope. On the tow info page on dash, my tow miles climb and climb with just the ball in hitch. I’m thinking it can affect resale if someone thinks you towed thousands of miles. I figure I’ve towed a thousand miles. It shows 5500. When I remove the ball it stops counting.
That's pretty strange. I agree if you just left it in there all the time, it would look like you are towing for a living. I hate leaving mine in unless I'm towing because it's too much of a shin basher if you forget about it.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you hace a trailer connected at some point? Did you go in the trailer options and select no active trailer?

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you hace a trailer connected at some point? Did you go in the trailer options and select no active trailer?
Ty. Yes, I tow about twice a month. Didn’t know I need to do that but will try it. What’s strange though is it says no trailer connected when I disconnect mine but miles still roll along if ball is attached.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ty. Yes, I tow about twice a month. Didn’t know I need to do that but will try it. What’s strange though is it says no trailer connected when I disconnect mine but miles still roll along if ball is attached.
From what i remeber, If you dont do the trailer disconnect while the truck is on it will act weird. There was also a TSB awhile back about it. Ill look for it.