It looks like something ate my engine cover?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this before? Looks like a rat chewed on the foam of my 2019 engine cover!!! Vehicle has less than 4k miles. I live in the middle of a pretty urban city but I guess anything is possible.

Any other ideas on what it might be?

337E65E1-8674-4522-8BA3-BA5F288100EA.jpeg

lilgsx96

Reaction score
I had a mouse mak a home on the Explore Sport and that little shit ate on some of the foam covers under the hood.
They say to put dryer sheets in spots undef the hood. I say fire your cat and get a new one.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your have a mouse or rat that is stealing the foam to make its nest. Same thing happened to my wife’s car. Chew marks everywhere just like that, and they found its little next under a wiring harness which had the foam pieces embedded in.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try putting a mesh bag full of moth balls on top of your engine cover.
Remember to remove it before driving.

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put out traps and check your wiring harness. Had the same thing happened to my Mercedes and it cost over $1500 to fix....

OP
OP
Q

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I am glad it chewed on foam and not wiring. That would be expensive to fix!!

I like the suggestion a Raptor chewed on it. I’ll leave it for character. ;)