It is DONE!. Started my B&O replacement stereo install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a JL Fix 86 instead of the Nav-TV...wish I would have used the Nav-TV
I also used a JL TWK88 for tuning the sound...you'll want one of these!!!
Other than that I used Focal top end front and rear
I used 2 JL audio 10" subs for the rear and the same JL HD amp.
I was able to install it all behind the rear seat saving the entire floor space and not having to cut up the floor mat.
Sounds great...hits hard with the dual subs...JL does an amazing job with their thin line subs.
I also did the sound mats in all the doors

scaled_image.jpg

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
did the final edit on post #4. I am done with the install. very please. The B&O system sounded fine at lower levels. fine for background music when family was in the truck. But any time I wanted to open the windows and the sunroof and "rock out" as I decompress on the way home from work, the sound just did not cut it.

No more. Windows and roof open at 70mph, and I can hear and feel :) every note. So happy I broke down and did this.

Cant stress enough how awesome the NAV-Tv A2B device is. I would not have done this without it. High level inputs to an amp is like seeing your mom naked. It's just gross to me.

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stopped by the local shop where i bought my parts from. Got 2 thumbs up from them. They were impressed by the Nav-TV A2B device as well.

So now I am done with my truck.....for a few months until the next upgrade bug hits me :)

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped by the local shop where i bought my parts from. Got 2 thumbs up from them. They were impressed by the Nav-TV A2B device as well.

So now I am done with my truck.....for a few months until the next upgrade bug hits me :)

What did you use for a DSP? I used the TWK 88 from JL Audio. If you didn't use a DSP then you are missing out on half the potential of your new system

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am old school. Flat 4 channel stereo comes from the NAV TV A2B. Popper tuning of the system gives me just fine imaging. I have no use for time delays in the car.

I may add an audio control EQ at some point, but for now, everything sounds great. I am not interested in DSP to artificially change the sound stage to be "driver" focused. It is set up now using old school techniques to be "front seat" focused, and that is all I need.

carmelk6

Reaction score
Reserved for power wire and sub box. (edit 6-19)

48100634191_f0d5fb980a_c.jpg

here it is with carpet, but before I cleaned it up
48100734237_bde3021119_c.jpg

I will take more pictures tomorrow.

For the box did you use polyfil? Install a port? Use any sound deadening material on the inside?

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the box did you use polyfil? Install a port? Use any sound deadening material on the inside?

Sealed enclosure. Glue in all the joints + silicone. I put in a small amount of poly fill just to knock down any problems inside the box.

It is a big pick up truck made of plastic, large sheets of metal, and other materials. It would be impossible to make that truck "quiet" without spending a fortune of materials. I chose to leave it as is.

Been driving around for a week now, and I have "no regerts" :) If the truck get's noisy, i now have plenty of volume to drown it out.

But seriously. Normal driving with the family in the car. music is playing quiet in the background. it just sounds like a truck, i knew that going in.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am old school. Flat 4 channel stereo comes from the NAV TV A2B. Popper tuning of the system gives me just fine imaging. I have no use for time delays in the car.

I may add an audio control EQ at some point, but for now, everything sounds great. I am not interested in DSP to artificially change the sound stage to be "driver" focused. It is set up now using old school techniques to be "front seat" focused, and that is all I need.

It's not about "driver" focus or time delays...do you even know what a JL Audio TWK 88 is? You sound like you know what your doing and to characterize a DSP like TWK88 as something used for only driver focus or time delays sounds uninformed to me. You mentioned EQ...well...the TWK88 does that and many other things for you. I get it if you just want flat sound but the TWK...and other products like it will add another dimension to your sound thats all.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAV-TV interface - is it seemless

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not about "driver" focus or time delays...do you even know what a JL Audio TWK 88 is?

As I said....this is my first install in 30 years. So no, I am not aware of that piece. Just like in my home audio, i don't like room correction or delays. A properly set up system doesn't need that. And again, "perfect" was not the goal of this system.

NAV-TV interface - is it seemless

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

yes. You never know it is there.