It’s just slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wait a second. Literally 90% of the tunes i see graphs on pick up a max of 75hp. Thats really not a lot in a 6000lb truck.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But these trucks are SLOW.

Buy a fvcking mustang if you want fast QUICK!

It is an off road truck, not a street light hole shot monster. It has plenty of power to do the off roading it was intended for.

Stop trying to put a square peg in a round hole. The gen 1,2,3 Raptors are an evolution and they are perfect for their intended use case as built. Sure, you can add power, because everyone wants more power, but stop trying to make it a 1/4 mile machine. It will never be that. TRX tried to have it both ways, and they suffer off-road because of it.

OP
OP
W

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is an off road truck, not a street light hole shot monster. It has plenty of power to do the off roading it was intended for.

Stop trying to put a square peg in a round hole. The gen 1,2,3 Raptors are an evolution and they are perfect for their intended use case as built. Sure, you can add power, because everyone wants more power, but stop trying to make it a 1/4 mile machine. It will never be that. TRX tried to have it both ways, and they suffer off-road because of it.

Hahahaha!!! Don’t get all triste because I said raptors are slow.

I knew I would get a few “but it’s an off-road truck” replies but yours tops the cake. Never said I wanted a 1/4 mile machine.

As the title says it’s just slow. Never said I didn’t like the truck but should be able to out run shyt box stock trucks with ease.

Last edited:

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean it moves exactly like you'd imagine a 6000lb truck with 450hp would move. Calling it "slow" is just disingenuous - a wrangler with the pentastar v6 is slow. A tacoma with a v6 is slow. Not a truck pulling around 35-37s in under 6 seconds to 60. The truck also doesn't fall off a cliff past 60. I'm not saying it didn't happen to you but it shouldn't have gotten walked by a gen 1 - that just doesn't add up. Also, an old tundra???

It's no rocket ship, I agree, but it's certainly quick for what it is. If you can find any other truck that's quicker besides the TRX or powerboost i'd love to hear it.

OP
OP
W

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean it moves exactly like you'd imagine a 6000lb truck with 450hp would move. Calling it "slow" is just disingenuous - a wrangler with the pentastar v6 is slow. A tacoma with a v6 is slow. Not a truck pulling around 35-37s in under 6 seconds to 60. The truck also doesn't fall off a cliff past 60. I'm not saying it didn't happen to you but it shouldn't have gotten walked by a gen 1 - that just doesn't add up. Also, an old tundra???

It's no rocket ship, I agree, but it's certainly quick for what it is. If you can find any other truck that's quicker besides the TRX or powerboost i'd love to hear it.
I agree with you to a point. But a V6 wrangler doesn’t have “performance”beside it. I equate “ford performance” to being good at what the vehicle is designed for and one might assume it would be pretty quick at the same time.

The truck is kinda quick for what it is, it’s just nothing to write home about. It’s not going to out run most trucks on the road.

I have a intercooler en route and will tune it once available.

Once again great truck, it’s just not fast.

Last edited:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agreed.
For such a heavy piece of machinery with “soft” suspension and fat off-road tires, I find it more than adequate.
I drive a 911 and a Tesla 3 Performance. To be honest, out of the 3, the 911 might be the one feeling the slowest :D probably due to the fact that it has the least amount of torque.