Issues with running Raptor through a Car Wash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of car washes in Utah can fit the Raptor. Just ask before going thru. Supersonic and Quick Quake(or whatever they are called) can fit them

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
I've always done the touch free weekly (at least) and by hand when time and weather permits. It's like washing a freakin' house but well worth it. Hard lesson to learn if the tracks are too narrow and you damage your driver's side bead locks. And you probably know the car wash will take ZERO responsibility.

augie

Reaction score
After I got new General X3 tires, my 19 Raptor jumped off track and the little Honda behind me was pulled by the track into my hitch hook. Car wash people said my alignment off. Happened a 2nd time so now I go to another car wash.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Automatic, touchless, no tracks (e.g Laser Wash). Surprisingly in the middle of nowhere where I grew up these are quite common. Once you start getting towards metro areas they become less common.

bruizer

Reaction score
I go to Tommy's Express (it's a multi-state chain) near me and they advertise they accommodate dualies, which means I'll fit just fine. However most of the other washes around here (Minnesota) won't accommodate me due to width, so it's best to check. Living in Minnesota, it's a must to wash weekly or biweekly or it is covered in salt and grossness, and I just don't have the time to do a hand wash that often, nor a nearby location to do so. Tomorrow our high is going to be single digits and that's the warmest it's going to get until after New Year's so washing at home is impossible.

2ndFord

Reaction score
ParkCity06,
I read that warning in the manual too, and inquired at my local drag-through car wash about vehicle size. They said "No Problem", and there haven't been any. It does not do a very good job.... certainly not detailed and they do a pathetic job on the wheels. So it's not the **** job I do myself in the summer (Oh Boy is Old Fart gonna like that phrasing), but it gets the worst of the NJ road salt off during the winter months when I'm not doing a "********".

M60gunr

Reaction score
I used to take mine to an indoor track carwash. They recently stopped accepting Raptors, and stated their reason was that the wide tires/wheelbase damage their equipment. I now just take it to an indoor hand wash when its too cold to wash it myself outdoors.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After I got new General X3 tires, my 19 Raptor jumped off track and the little Honda behind me was pulled by the track into my hitch hook. Car wash people said my alignment off. Happened a 2nd time so now I go to another car wash.

Damn, it came off the tracks because of the more aggressive tires?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here in NYC car washes have to recycle the water so going through a car wash in the winter is a no.
I believe that's standard across the country.
I can only imagine the jets that spray under the truck just gets more salt water up in areas normal driving doesn't.
My truck has never seen a auto car wash.