Issues with running Raptor through a Car Wash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Brown

Reaction score
I live outside of Abilene, Texas. There’s a company called Mister Hotshine that owns just about every auto wash in town with the tracks. They told me not to come back (politely) with the Raptor due to the width and it possibly breaking their equipment. I’ve found a few smaller touch less single bay washes that seem to get it decently clean without hurting anything.

I did get turned away in Corpus Christi at a track wash a few years ago after a beach run. That was my first experience being refused service for the width. They were nice about it as well.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah.... no disrespect, but its NYC.

but your pizza is fire..
Thanks to the Dumocrats all major citys turned into S _ _ _ holes.

I'm going down to Florida Jan, 2 to buy my retirement home.
Had to stay in NYC because the pay scale for crane operators is the highest in the world.

Last edited:

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to the Dumocrats all major citys turned into S _ _ _ holes.

I'm going down to Florida Jan, 2 to buy my retirement home.
Had to stay in NYC because the pay scale for crane operators is the highest in the world.

You said it.

MD is a blue state, but luckily for us its real damn close to other red states so we have this ping pong of freedom areas lol.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the Chicagoland area we have lots of car washes. Yes I do the tunnel washes about once a week. Some tracks are too narrow or the tire cleaners have issues.
So I have 2-3 which I have verified the raptor works. Just mirrors are folded AFC6A4CE-F452-4B00-A843-DAB77272BA79.jpeg

The “Nascar Car Wash” franchise does not use a track, it uses a magic carpet under the wheels so no tracks and works awesomely.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Here in NYC car washes have to recycle the water so going through a car wash in the winter is a no.
I believe that's standard across the country.
I can only imagine the jets that spray under the truck just gets more salt water up in areas normal driving doesn't.
My truck has never seen a auto car wash.
You raise a good point. I just assumed they all "recycled" the water but I also assumed it went through a fairly rigorous filtration process. Otherwise there's a fine line between high pressure rinse and sandblasting. I may never take mine through again.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that Ford recommends hand wash. I’ve run through a local wash 3x with no problem, with every intention for more visits.

KvasBara

Reaction score
I decided to buy a Raptor car wash this spring. I had no idea how to make my life easier. The sink is very convenient and easy to use. The cord is long. We don't even need an extension cord. The pressure is good, and the dirt dissolves right away. I also like that it shuts itself off in case of overheating. However, I don't know how it will behave in winter. I guess I'll have to wash my car myself. Although I think to look for helpful information on the automotive news site https://zumroad.com/automotive. I usually always find what I need; this time will be no exception.

Last edited: